chapter 67

Chapter 70: Chapter 67: Don’t Show Off Your Wealth

If it were someone else, Ms. Wang might have tried to renege, but since she was facing Land Officer, she could only swallow her bitterness and show a smile that was uglier than crying: “Yes, exactly 20 taels of silver.”

“Good! Ye Lei, take back the IOU. Everyone here can testify, from today on, the 20 taels of silver that Ye Lei lent to Ms. Wang is considered completely repaid!”

After hearing Land Officer’s words, Liu Sisi finally showed a satisfied smile.

Returning the silver was as hard as fighting a battle, it’s really not easy!

When Land Officer left, Ms. Wang’s face suddenly changed, and she began to curse again.

Three years’ interest on 20 taels of silver was not a small amount, no wonder she was in pain!

Guihua wasn’t afraid of Ms. Wang’s rashness, and she put her hands on her hips and cursed back at Ms. Wang.

The two of them went back and forth with each other, making quite a scene!

It wasn’t until Elderly Mr. Di stepped in and yelled at Ms. Wang a few times that she finally stopped cursing and left.

“Humph! To deal with this kind of rash woman, you need to be even more rash and unreasonable! Sisi, you’re just too nice, always letting people with no shame walk all over you. You, sigh!” Guihua couldn’t help but shake her head and sigh as she looked at the pitiful Liu Sisi.

Liu Sisi smiled helplessly.

Her body was naturally pitiful-looking, prone to tears at any moment, which also left her speechless.

However, since she had this natural advantage, she would be a fool not to use it!

“Sister Guihua, thank you for today. If it weren’t for you helping me invite Land Officer, I…”

As she spoke, her eyes began to turn red.

“Alright, Sisi, don’t be sad. You don’t have to worry about your wicked mother-in-law and gossiping Second Sister-in-law. Besides, you’ve already separated your families. From now on, all you have to do is give them their annual share of the filial money and let other people talk. Everyone knows what kind of person Ms. Wang is.”

“Mmm, don’t worry, Sister Guihua, I know what to do now.”

Liu Sisi naturally understood Guihua’s sincerity towards her.

“As long as you know. The sun is about to set, and I need to go back and cook. If anything happens in the future, remember to call me, alright?”

After saying that, Guihua hurriedly left with Zhang Yun.

When everyone left, Liu Sisi closed the door and entered the kitchen.

The food in the kitchen had long gone cold, and the family sat around the table without moving their chopsticks.

“We should be happy now. Our family’s debt has been repaid, and our lives will only get better from now on. Why are we still feeling down?”

Li Sisi spoke softly, hoping to improve the gloomy atmosphere.

Di Yelei still kept his mouth shut, not saying a word.

“By the way, Xuan’er, The Four Treasures of the Study was carefully chosen by your father to give to you. What your mother said outside earlier was just for the others to hear. You’re not young anymore, and you should understand the principle of not showing off your wealth. So, don’t worry and use that set of Four Treasures of the Study, okay?” Liu Sisi said earnestly.