chapter 72

Chapter 72: How Can There Be Intact Eggs Under a Toppled Nest

However, it was a pity that the “mouse” in Liu Sisi’s words did not have such consciousness.

When she left the room, she took away two children with her.

The two children didn’t cry or fuss, even when they had to get up in the middle of the night. They quietly followed Liu Sisi, making her feel unusually heavy and emotional.

“You two, be careful not to stray away from your mother. Understand?”

Liu Sisi added firewood to the stove and turned to speak to Di Ying who was close to her. She also looked at Di Xuan.

“Mom, YingEr understands.”

Di Ying nodded seriously.

Liu Sisi gently touched his head without saying much.

By the time she had prepared hot water, Di Yelei had already brought Zhang Peng over and had done a medical examination.

Zhang Peng’s brows were furrowed, and he scanned the crowd, “We are all villagers, I, Zhang Peng, won’t lie to you. Uncle Di’s disease is very dangerous. I’m just a half-baked doctor who can only heal minor illnesses, how could I treat such a serious condition? If you still want to save him, hurry to the town and find a good doctor. If you delay until tomorrow morning, I’m afraid…”

Zhang Peng’s words stopped there. He didn’t have to finish, everyone already understood.

“I can’t help with Uncle Di’s treatment, so I will go first. The night road is not easy to walk on now. If you plan to ask for a doctor, you’d better prepare. Farewell!”

After saying that, Zhang Peng turned and walked away.

“Brother Zhang, take it slow, let Sisi accompany you for a while!”

Even though Zhang Peng said he did not want any silver, he did come all the way in the middle of the night, without even a cup of tea. How could they let him go for nothing?

When Liu Sisi said she would accompany him, she obviously meant to give away silver, so no one competed with her.

“No need, sister, go back. The outside is dark, you are not convenient with two children.”

But when he was just at the entrance, Zhang Peng stopped Liu Sisi from accompanying him further.

“Here! Brother Zhang, Sisi just arrived here and don’t know how much you charge for a visit. If it is less, please don’t take it to heart.”

While speaking, Liu Sisi took out 50 copper coins and handed them over.

Zhang Peng shook his head, refusing to accept, “I am close with Brother Yelei, isn’t it worth more than the few copper coins for a home visit? Sister, put it away quickly! There is nothing much I can do at Brother Zhang’s place, but if Uncle Di’s condition does improve, you will need a hundred-year-old wild ginseng at the very least. I heard that a one hundred year old wild ginseng is worth around 200 taels of silver.”

His words made Liu Sisi gasp for breath!

She did not expect it would actually require a hundred-year-old wild ginseng! And this wild ginseng is so expensive?

They just repaid a debt of 20 taels of silver, which can be said to be a matter of sheer luck.

But now they were facing the sky-high price of 200 taels of silver, Liu Sisi could not help but be startled!

He paused, sighed, “Although it only requires a little bit to save a person, the cost… it’s a huge sum of money! Plus, whether it can save a person’s life, that’s another matter. So… huh! Brother Zhang is going back first, sister, no need to send me.”