chapter 103

Chapter 103: The Murder Case: The Official Visits and Sisi’s Confused Heart

Liu Sisi’s mood was awful too.

In her previous life, after her parents died, many relatives came out of nowhere, trying to adopt her and win her favor.

When they learned that there were no compensations after her parents’ death, they all disappeared. She had been with her grandfather since she was a child, witnessing the cold and warmth of the world.

From childhood to adulthood, she had always been used to controlling everything in her own hands.

She spent her childhood busy fighting against bullies, middle school busy studying and learning to survive, high school busy with academics while taking care of her sick grandfather. When she went to college and her grandpa passed away, she made arrangements for her grandpa while working hard at part-time jobs…

So busy that she had no time for love!

In her mind, as long as everything she did meets her own expectations, it would be good.

Why is this time different?

When she thinks about leaving the Di family, her heart feels a strange sense of urgency, as if something very important is about to leave her! But what exactly is it?

The more she thinks, the less she understands!

When she can’t figure it out, she stopped thinking about it and focused on copying the book A New Account of the Tales of the World.

Meanwhile, Di Yelei came by and saw her concentrating on copying. He turned around and continued digging the well.

She wrote until night falls, only then stopping and rotating her wrists. This was not a relaxing work.

For dinner, Liu Sisi still braised the rabbit meat, and to ward off hunger, she made pancakes with chive fillings. The dough was already prepared at noon; the pancakes came out golden with a tempting aroma.

She picked a few large ones, put them on a plate in the basket, and let Di Xuan take them to their grandfather. She then stir-fried the vegetables and set the table with bowls and chopsticks before coming to the edge of the well.

The sound of the heavy shovel digging the soil still came from inside.

“The food is ready.”

Standing there for a while, Liu Sisi suddenly didn’t know what to say.

“Sisi? Okay, I’ll be done soon!”

Di Yelei’s cheerful voice came from below, and he quickly increased the pace of his work.

Not long after, he jumped out of the well, showing her a wide smile with his gleaming white teeth, and immediately bent down to grab the rope hanging on the edge of the well opening. With a strong pull, a large bucket of muddy water droplets and silt was pulled up from the bottom of the well.

Di Yelei conveniently dumped the sludge to a corner of the courtyard wall.

He wiped his sweat: “Tomorrow, I’ll go up to the mountain to carry some bluestone back and seal the well opening, leaving a small access for water fetching, making it convenient and safe.”

Liu Sisi nodded slightly: “I think the terrain here is not bad, so why not build a small water pool under it? We can plant some lotus flowers and raise some small fish in it since the water source here never ends, so we don’t need to worry about it drying up.” After saying that, she bit her lip in annoyance.

She was about to leave, so why was she still thinking about these things? What a worrywart!

Di Yelei’s eyes lit up!