chapter 66

Chapter 66: Repaying Debts

“You! -”

Zhao’s words were stuck in her throat, unable to say anything.

Seeing that the situation was one-sided, Ms. Wang couldn’t help but yell: “No matter what you say today, since you have the money to buy those fancy Four Treasures of the study, you must pay me back! If you can’t afford it, you’ll have to use those Four Treasures to pay off the debt!”

Aha! After making a scene here for so long, the fox’s tail finally shows!

It turns out that they had heard about the Four Treasures and specifically came here to cause trouble!

Liu Sisi suddenly realized!

“Second Sister-in-law! This set of Four Treasures of the Study is mortgaged by the bookstore owner as a half-year salary for my work!”

As Sisi said this, her eyes became bloodshot.

“Everyone knows that the Four Treasures are expensive. How could our family have the silver to buy such valuable things? It’s just that the bookstore owner in town is kind and lent this set of Four Treasures to Sisi, just to let her quickly learn a few basic characters and help in the store. Now that the Second Sister-in-law has brought it up, Sisi is really ashamed.”

The fellow villagers suddenly realized!

No wonder the Di family had the Four Treasures! It turns out that this is what happened! After everyone reacted, they began to loudly condemn Ms. Wang.

“Your sister-in-law’s Four Treasures are also borrowed, so it’s best not to get any ideas.”

“Ms. Wang, how much you’ve taken from the Di Family in the past, who among us doesn’t know? You’d better cause less trouble!”

“Mr. Land Officer is coming, Ms. Wang, I’m afraid you’ll have a hard time again, haha…”

Learn more
The villagers’ discussion made Ms. Wang’s face pale, which looked quite interesting.

Seeing that the situation was not right, Ms. Zhao, the cunning woman, slipped away early.

As they were talking, they saw Mr. Land Officer coming from the other side, and following him was not someone else, but Guihua.

Guihua winked at Liu Sisi, obviously, it was her who had helped to invite Mr. Land Officer over.

“Mr. Land Officer!”

Everyone hurriedly paid their respects to the Land Officer, and Liu Sisi quickly went into the house to move a chair for him.

After sitting down and catching his breath, the Land Officer raised his head and looked at the shrunken Ms. Wang, with a frown on his face.

“What happened? Who can tell me?”

As soon as the Land Officer spoke, everyone began to talk about the incident, blaming Ms. Wang.

“Ms. Wang, what do you have to say?” Mr. Land Officer’s face was not looking good either. It would be weird if he could stand such a shameless woman.

Seeing the situation becoming one-sided, Ms. Wang simply resorted to being aggressive: “I don’t care! Today, if you don’t pay me back, I will kill myself at your doorstep. Then we’ll see if you can get away from this!”

Indeed, a tree without bark will die, and a person without shame is invincible in the world!

“Fine! We’ll pay you back! I want to see what other tricks you can play!”