chapter 71

Chapter 71: Taking Away Two Mice

In the old house.

In the not-so-large wing room, Elderly Mr. Di still lay quietly on the bed, still in a deep coma without waking up.

On the ground below the bed, a crowd of people kneeled close together. Ms. Zhao and Di Gaoyuan, Di Ah-Bao kneeled on the inner layer, while Ms. Wang and the others kneeled outside, as if they were seeing off Elderly Mr. Di.

When Di Yelei arrived with Liu Sisi and the children, this was the scene they saw.

As they opened the door, a thick, stifling, and sultry aura rushed toward them, causing Liu Sisi to frown involuntarily.

Such air would be unbearable not only for the comatose patient but also for healthy people.

“How is Dad? Where is the doctor? Why hasn’t he arrived yet?”

Di Yelei put down the two children and walked straight to the head of Elderly Mr. Di’s bed with large strides, checking his father’s condition.

Elderly Mr. Di’s face was pale as gold foil, appearing as if he was barely breathing and unconscious of his surroundings.

“What illness? Wait until he wakes up, and it’ll be fine….”

Ms. Zhao, on the side, instinctively refuted but was stared at by Di Yelei and shrank back, hurriedly adding, “Where can we find a doctor nearby? Besides, it’s late at night now, do you think emergency visits are free? Anyway, it’s only a few more hours until daybreak, let’s wait until then.”

As she spoke, she couldn’t help but grumble in her heart.

From the first day she married into the family, she disliked Di Yelei the most, not only because of his face, which was 70% similar to his birth mother’s, but also because of his infamy. Above all,she hated his current gaze!

Although he was only three years old at the time, he always stared at her with that creepy gaze.

It made her feel a chill down her spine and covered her in cold sweat.

How could she possibly like him?

“What? You want to wait until daylight!”

Di Yelei’s voice suddenly doubled in volume, but thinking of his father still lying on the sick bed, he suppressed his anger and growled in a low voice.

“Dad is unconscious, and you still want to wait until tomorrow? Do you think that once my dad is gone, you can take over the Di Family? Don’t forget that even if you die, you’re not qualified to be buried in my Di family’s ancestral tomb!”

Di Yelei said this, naturally due to local customs.

Locals believed that a widowed woman who remarries must be buried with her former husband to avoid conflict in the afterlife, avoiding disturbances at home.

Ms. Zhao’s face changed instantly!

“How could you say that to me? Di Yelei, I know you never take me, your stepmother, seriously, but I did raise you and your brothers from a young age. Why can’t I be part of the Di family?” Ms. Zhao immediately tore off her usual kindness, and it seemed that a battle was about to erupt.

“Because you don’t want to spend the money! If my father’s condition worsens due to this delay and something happens to him, you’ll see if I, Di Yelei, dare or not! Besides, when you married in, I was already three years old and past the need for diapers.”

Di Yelei stood his ground, his face cold and dark. “Why did Dad suddenly cough up blood and fall unconscious? Don’t think I don’t know just because I wasn’t there!”