chapter 65

But what you’re saying now, Second Sister-in-law, is really too much. What do you mean by calling us cowards? Don’t forget, Ye Lei and Second Brother are real brothers. If we are cowards, what are you?”

Liu Sisi, furious, naturally spoke without being polite.

“Listen, everyone, listen, the one who owes the debt is justified now! They have money to buy land and the four treasures of the study, but not to repay the debt—”

Ms. Wang shouted loudly, “Let’s go, let’s go to the Land Officer for justice. Is there no law left in this world!”

It was only then that Liu Sisi understood that it was the calligraphy tools she bought for Xuan’er that caused the trouble.

“Well, you dare to call us cowards? Liu Sisi, don’t think that I’m afraid of you just because you hide behind a man. You, a worthless piece of trash that no one else wants, can only match a man like him, who is doomed by fate to ruin his mother, wife, and child. I think you will end up just like those with short-lived fate, sooner or later…ouch!”

Before Ms. Wang could finish, an angry Liu Sisi took two steps forward, raised her hand, and slapped Ms. Wang’s face.

Slap!

A piercing and loud slap echoed.

Liu Sisi’s face was full of fierce determination, and there was no trace of her usual timidity.

Her eyes wide open, she tried hard to straighten her thin, small body.

“I warned you last time: If I ever hear you disrespecting the deceased, I’ll take action myself. Since you don’t understand human language, I’ll beat you until you do!”

Liu Sisi’s words were loud and clear, resounding like a bell!

Ms. Wang was stunned!

Touching her burning face, she took quite a while to regain her senses from befuddlement; she had actually been slapped.

She had actually been slapped by the worthless trash that she never took seriously.

How could she swallow this humiliation!

“You… you dare to hit me? Old mother will fight you to the end!”

She roared loudly, anger driving her to lunge toward Liu Sisi.

However, before she could get close, the petite figure was protected in the embrace of another taller figure.

Next, the tall figure casually raised a hand, easily catching her charging hand in mid-air.

Di Yelei tightly gripped Ms. Wang’s arm, preventing her from breaking free.

His face, rarely so fierce, made Ms. Wang, who wanted to put up a fight, shudder with terror, and she swallowed the words that were on the tip of her tongue.

“Second Sister-in-law! Every time you come to Third Brother’s house, you either rob or insult people. That’s enough! Today, as soon as you entered, you disrespected our deceased mother and late wife. A person like you staying in Di Family, that’s the real disgrace to our family.”

As he spoke, Di Yelei swung his arm forcefully, and Ms. Wang spun several times in the air before staggering back a few steps and falling onto the ground, sitting.

Clearly, her head was spinning.

It’s all because they saw that Sisi and I had earned a few silver coins and then came to cause trouble. Di Yelei stepped forward, looking down at her from a height.