chapter 75

Chapter 78: Chapter 75: A Chilling Heart

“20 taels? In your dreams! No!”

Ms. Zhao was the first to yell, not caring that she was still half-hanging onto Di Yelei’s arm: “Even if you send us to the authorities, I still won’t have it!”

Ms. Wang beside her didn’t hold back either: “20 taels of silver? Do you think this silver was washed up in a flood? Send us to the authorities just do it, even if you send me to the county government, at most I’ll be an accomplice!”

Di Yelei suddenly laughed coldly!

This usually calm person suddenly became truly angry, and his towering fury almost directly burned people to ashes.

“You don’t have to give! If I don’t see the silver by 5-7 a.m, I won’t mind breaking his arms and legs to repay the debt!”

As soon as he said this, Ms. Zhao’s arrogance was instantly extinguished.

“Put Ah-Bao down first, put him down!”

Ms. Zhao desperately tore at Di Yelei’s sleeve.

“You can also choose to believe that I, Di Yelei, am lying, but bear the consequences yourself!”

After finishing speaking, Di Yelei threw Di Ah-Bao to the side with a bang.

“Ah-Bao! ——”

Ms. Zhao exclaimed in surprise and threw herself at the Di Ah-Bao on the ground.

“Don’t worry! He’s not hurt right now!”

Having said that, Di Yelei turned his head and looked at Ms. Wang: “As for you, Second Sister-in-law, you just took 20 taels of silver from Third Brother the day before yesterday evening, there is the IOU in third brother’s possession, stamped with Mr. Land Officer’s personal handprint. If the Second Sister-in-law finds prison food tasty, please indulge!”

After that, he didn’t stay any longer and led Liu Sisi and the two children straight out of the Di Family main entrance.

Di Gaoyuan stood silently in the dark corner, almost blending in with the surrounding darkness, not saying a word from beginning to end.

In the silent night sky hung a few dim stars.

The faint crescent moonlit all the surroundings with a hazy glow.

As they left the old house, a gentle mountain breeze blew their clothes and messed up their hair.

Liu Sisi couldn’t help but look back at the old house hidden in the darkness, a chilling coldness rose up her spine, causing her to subconsciously hold Ying’er tighter in her arms.

On the other side, Di Yelei also lowered his head and held Di Xuan in his arms.

“Let’s go!”

He didn’t say much but simply moved forward in silence.

Liu Sisi hurried to catch up.

Both walked quietly.

From a distance, occasional frog croaks and cricket chirps could be heard, as well as an owl flying by with flapping wings, emitting a series of eerie screams.

Liu Sisi quickened her steps, trying hard to approach the tall and sturdy figure in front of her.

The figure stopped and reached out a large hand back toward her.

“It’s chilly at night, are you cold?”

Liu Sisi hurriedly moved closer to his side and shook her head vigorously: “Not cold… it’s the heart that’s cold.”