𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫|𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐚 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞

"What did you just say?

"What did you just say?..." Shivaay turned, glaring at Aadhisha, closing the distance between them, now standing face-to-face at an arm's length. As much as Shivaay was curious and intrigued, he knew where to step out.

"Guards. Leave." Shivaay commanded them with a hint of intimidation, which left room for no arguments. This ran chills through Aadhisha but she didn't want to back down.

Aadhisha faced the notoriously attractive hombre with a resolute gaze in an eerily tense atmosphere within a cold, empty cold house. Their simmering confrontation caused the room to seem smaller, and shadows danced like specters along the walls.

"You think you can just waltz in here and demand my defeatism?" Aadhisha's voice sliced through the silence, each word dripping with defiance.

"—wait? Do you really think you are in a position to make demands?" Shivaay chortled out and laughed as if he heard the biggest joke in all of his life. This made Aadhisha annoyed yet she kept her calm.

Shivaay sat back on the Stanley sofa and leaned back in the leather-clad chair, his dark eyes gleaming with amusement and arrogance. "I don't accept demands, evina," he replied, his tone smooth as silk. "I offer fateful choices."

Aadhisha scoffed, her lips curling into a sardonic smile. "Choics? More like chains disguised as gold. But let's entertain your little fantasy for a moment. If I were to come into your territory, there would be conditions."

The air seemed to crackle with anticipation as Shivaay leaned forward, intrigued by the audacity of this woman standing before him.

"Conditions?" he echoed, a smirk playing on his lips. "I'm listening."

"First," Aadhisha began, her voice low and steady, "I go on my own terms. No interference, no micromanaging. I answer to no one but myself or if there will be any unavoidable circumstances, it would be you."

A flicker of amusement danced in Shivaay's eyes. "You've got spirit; I'll give you that. And the second condition?"

Aadhisha's gaze hardened, her resolve steeling within her. "Second," she continued, her voice carrying the weight of her determination, "I will never be a pawn in your silly games . I want a rank in your mafia and a position in your company, but I won't be controlled. Cross that line, and you'll regret it."

A tense silence hung in the air as Shivaay regarded Aadhisha with newfound respect. She was no ordinary woman; she was a force to be reckoned with and he would definitely feel immense pleasure from breaking her.

"Very well," Shivaay finally said, his voice a low rumble. "You've got yourself a deal, Aadhisha. Welcome to the family."

Aadhisha's lips curled into a satisfied smile as she extended her hand towards Shivaay, sealing their agreement with a firm handshake. But beneath the surface, she knew that this was only the beginning of a dangerous dance where trust was a luxury and betrayal lurked in the shadows. But for now, she was ready to play her part, on her own terms, in the world of shadows and secrets ruled by the enigmatic mafia king.