Chapter 16

I sat back in my chair and pulled out my phone that was in the pocket of my dress. I wanted to bring a purse and was starting to regret not bringing one because I didn't have anything to grab that would calm my nerves down a bit. When I was nervous or uncomfortable in a public place, I would clutch my purse as a means for comfort. The look I was going for was elegant and sexy, but none of my purses matched my dress in an elegant way, so I decided to go without one.

  I'm not even sure why I was putting in so much effort into my outfit because it's not like I wanted his approval. If anything it was the opposite. I wondered what would happen to me if he didn't approve of my choice of clothing. Maybe he'd make me go change or maybe he'd call the whole thing off. The only reason why I tolerated him was because of what he could and would do to me if I didn't.

  Even though pissing him off was becoming my new hobby of mine it didn't mean that I wanted to, I just really couldn't help it. He really irritates me, but at the same time he intimidates me to my core. He had this aura about him that literally just screamed predator and I was too oblivious to see it until the first time I was punished by him. I regretted ever taking his help at the store and I shouldn't have taken his number, and God knows I shouldn't have invited him into my home.

  I was making so many decisions that I would come to regret, even now as I stared at the dangerous predator and he stared back at me. His prey.

  I had folded my arms under my breast, it was something I did when I was annoyed. At this point I didn't even try to hide my dislike for him. He had an expression on his face that I couldn't quite put my finger on as he stared at me. It made me more uncomfortable than anything and I felt like he could see right through me and into my soul with those piercing blue eyes of his.

  "Can you do me a favor and not be such a killjoy." He said as he sat up a bit more leaning over the table in an intimidating manner. "Sure, and can you do me a favor and not force me to go out with you against my will, because I have no intention of feeding your ridiculous ego." I said in the sweetest voice I could manage.

  His eyes dilated a bit before he took a deep breath in. I don't know what came over me but I really wanted to piss him off to show him that it was a mistake bringing me here. "Oh I'm sorry did I strike a nerve?" I asked as I gasped, putting my hand over my mouth feigning innocence.

  "Amani, don't poke the bear please." He said as his jaw clenched in discontent. "Oh? You're referring to yourself as a bear now? I thought for sure you were a son of a bitch." I said as a smile made its way on my face and I didn't stop it either.

  I looked at him with a pleased smile on my face, but it immediately dropped as he disappeared from my sight. I gasped in shock as his velvety voice made its way behind me in my ear, something I'd never get used to. "Get. Up. We're leaving." He said as a chill went down my spine from how calm it was.

  "No we're not. Sit down, I want to get to know you better." I said as I looked straight ahead of me where he previously sat, not even sparing him a glance. I don't know where this sudden courage came from but I was loving it. "Fine, have it your way." He said in a matter of fact tone.

  I don't have to say much for you all to figure out how it ended, but In short he grabbed me by my arm and walked me out ever so gently as he opened the door to the passenger side of the car and gently helped me in, not slamming the door at all. Note the sarcasm.

   He made his way around the drivers side in a flash getting in and didn't even make eye contact with me. "You know every time you open your mouth I always feel like we can maybe expedite our relationship naturally, but you always say the most outlandish shit to me Amani." He said as he laughed but there was nothing humorous about it.

  "I've been trying to be so patient with you Amani, but you don't appreciate how much I have to hold back from doing what I want to you because you're human and don't understand." He said as he gripped the bottom of the steering wheel a bit tighter.

  "You know most mates would have already been marked and mated by now and yet here we are arguing. You're not marked, we haven't mated, you disrespect me, you purposely piss me off, you always have a snarky attitude, you don't try to be open minded about our situation, and you don't even care how any of that affects me. I have to constantly walk on eggshells around you in an attempt to make you more comfortable and what do I get in return? Nothing. Fucking nothing Amani! I mean you can't even meet me halfway and do you know how that makes me feel?" He said as he took a deep breath attempting to calm down.

  "We're going home." He said in a monotone voice as he started the car. I didn't say anything because I couldn't find the right words. I just wanted to go home and be away from him. I've had enough of him for one day, so couldn't wait to go home and shower to get the skin cells from his touch off of me.

  We sat in silence as the road to my house was coming up, but he turned in the opposite direction. I looked at the side of his face as his eyes stayed glued to the road. I couldn't hold my curiosity in anymore when he took another wrong turn. "Where are you taking me?" I asked as I contorted my face in confusion.

  "Home." He said it like it was the most obvious thing in the world. "You made two wrong turns...... I can tell you the directions to my house if you want or even put them in the gps for you. It's up to you." I suggested because it was evident he got lost and just wouldn't admit it.

  He chuckled, "Cute, but I'm not going the wrong way." Does he know another way that I don't? Maybe he always goes this way when he comes to my house, which made me wonder if he lived close by.

  "Okay." I said skeptically as I sat back in the seat and watched him drive on this unfamiliar route. About two minutes in we reached a huge mansion looking house that had three garages. The first garage door opened and my heart immediately sank in realization. How did I not notice what he was doing sooner?

  "This isn't my house." I told him plainly as he pulled into the driveway making his way to the garage and parking the car. "No it's not your house, because it's ours." He said turning off the car.

  "The hell it is. Take me home Calix, this isn't funny." I said as I turned my body towards him. "Well it isn't a joke, so it's not supposed to be." He said getting out of the car.

  "Calix I'm not getting out of this car, so you might as well take me home." I said. I was really losing my patience with this little prank of his. "You're not staying in that car. I don't care if I have to pry you out." He said closing the door coming around to mines.

  I saw that the door had the child lock symbol on it and I hurriedly looked at mine and it had the same one. The car only had two doors so I moved the child lock switch so that it was locked and reached to the other side to do the same. "Amani open the fucking door." He said as he stood on the other side.

  He didn't even bother trying to open it, which means that he probably heard me lock it with that advanced hearing of his. I ignored his demand and looked to the other side of me to see if anything in here would help me. As my eyes rummaged through the car I saw the push start button. "Amani you know I don't like to repeat myself so just open the door and we can talk it out." He said in a persuasive tone.

  I quickly got into the driver's side and pressed the button to start the car. "I'm going to give you one more chance to get out of the car. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here and hope you make the smart choice because you know what happens when you run from me. But, you know my wolf loves the chase, so I'll give you thirty seconds to rethink your decision and get out of the car. What you do with that time is up to you, just know whatever happens next is the consequence of your actions." He said in a way so sinister it made me want to get the hell away from him.

  The car roared to life as I put it in reverse flooring it, putting as much distance between us as possible.   

Hello my lovely readers if you liked this chapter remember to vote 💗