No-one like you - Darkness x MC

*Oneshot based on chapters 5 and 8.

    Since Lilly posted the video, my whole life has been turned upside down. Jake is gone for his own good and I have to take the accusatory looks and murmurs of people.

   "You didn't expect this to happen to me, right, Jake?" I say through clenched teeth, quite annoyed.

    I had sent a message to my boyfriend, I needed to get my mind off of everything that was happening. And what could be better than exploring an abandoned house like we did before?

     I see him leaning on his Land-ROVER, looking at his cell phone. His tousled black hair covers his blue eyes. A pair of rings decorate his fingers. On his right wrist, he has the head of a snake tattooed with its mouth open, as if his hand were coming out of it. Meanwhile, on the left, a skull with a rose coming out of the skull.
     My father is fine with me going out with him, he's known him since we were little, so he's happy to see that he can trust him. In addition, they sometimes work together when it is his turn to be forensic in his cases.
     Unlike my mother, who found him adorable when he didn't have black hair and was free of tattoos. According to her, it sounds like something out of a satanic rock band. Every time she says it it makes me let out a small growl. His appearance drives me crazy —not to mention something much worse.

     When he sees me, he puts his phone away and waits for me to park, approaching slowly.
     I get out of the car, fighting with my seat belt, almost desperate. I needed to breathe.
     I run up to him and hug him, closing my eyes and taking a deep breath.

   "Hey..." He separates me a little and lifts my chin, with a worried look. "Are you okay, Holmes?" I let out a laugh when I heard the nickname. He knows that I like to investigate since I was a child. Him too, but in a different way.

    I have told him everything, since we have a pretty solid relationship after so many years together. I've even told him about Jake. I don't want lies in our relationship, I don't want to ruin it.

   "Yes, I'm fine," I smile, running my hand through his hair, caressing it lovingly. I stand on tiptoe and kiss him as he leans in a little.

     Their metal collars make contact with my skin. They are cold.
     I separate out of discomfort, I'm too sensitive these days. All because of that stupid Lilly video.

   "If you say so," I notice annoyance in his voice. I understand. What is happening to me is not easy for him to also listen to comments from me on his work. And working as a police coroner, I'm sure he had heard their suspicions about me.

    I follow him to the back of the car, opening the trunk where there is a black suitcase inside.

   "Here it is," he drags the object toward us and opens it. "Masks, gloves, a pair of flashlights—"

   "Are we going to investigate or rob?" I try to joke, although my voice doesn't sound very encouraging.

   "Well, when we were teenagers we did everything without being careful" he pokes me on the nose. "We have to be more professional this time, Holmes."

     I nod and start putting on my gear. It's true that when we were young we went around without being careful, which caused our parents to get angry with us and we always had the police on us.
     I take the mask and leave it on my chin for now, and then put on the cloth gloves.

   "At least you didn't come in a skirt like you did before." I raise an eyebrow at his words. "Don't look at me like that, I don't know how you never got a scratch."

   "Because I had you to take care of me." I smile proudly at him, but he rolls his eyes as he lets out a sigh.

   "Who else would do it?"