Beautiful

*A story about a thought I sometimes have about Jake's appearance, I hope you like it and accept it.*

    The cold of the night seeps through my clothes, but my skin is hot from nerves.

    Jake had texted me to meet at the lake when the FBI had left Duskwood. But he's taking too long. Is it a trap of theirs to catch me?
    I hug myself, hoping it wasn't like that.

   "Sorry for making you wait," I turn quickly when I hear the male voice, neither too high nor too low.

    I smile when I see him come out of the shadows, with a flashlight in his hand that he turns it off.
    I approach him with labored breathing. Is Jake. The Jake with the hood that had been shown on video.

    He pulls back when I'm in front of him, raising his hand.
    I still can't see his face well because of the darkness of his hood and hair.

   "Wait," I notice how his voice trembles, "I do not want you to be scared."

   “Why would I be scared?” I ask him, tilting my head “You're Jake, right?” I raise an eyebrow, now looking at him with doubt.

   “Haha, yes…” he lets out a sigh “But give me a moment, sometimes… people are a little shocked.”

   “Sure, don't worry” I get a little scared. What is worrying him?

    He slowly lowers his hood, showing me his face. He has long bangs on the right, like one of those 2000s emos. He has dark circles under his left eye and three days of stubble. Still, I don't see anything wrong with him. He has an appearance that attracts me. Maybe because I already know what his personality is like, I find him ten times more attractive.

    He looks away, uncomfortable. Maybe I'm overdoing it?
    I slowly raise my hand to his face, to brush his hair away. Yes, it is true that I has a bit of an impact. Around his eye, his skin looks burned. It's old, but notable. The iris is white, as if blinded by it.
    Slowly I caress his face, without looking away from him.
    Jake takes my hand. He is shaking. He brushes his lips against my palm, as if he wants to kiss it. But he restrains himself.

   "I know, I am—"

   “Beautiful.”

    Jake blinks in surprise, as if he’s said something strange.
    I can feel his cold skin warming up.

   “Doesn't it make you sick?” He asks me still with surprise “Or does it scare you?”

    I deny with my head, hanging on tiptoe.
    I pull him towards me and kiss him.
    Jake doesn’t respond yet out of surprise, but when he does, he does it awkwardly. Highly strung. I don't care, because it's him. I really wanted to be able to feel him close to me. Know him.

   “Why would the man I love most in this world scare me?” I ask him now, whispering into his lips.

    Jake laughs, caressing my cheek as he rests his forehead on mine.

   “Thank you for accepting me” I can see his smile through those words.

   “I will accept you in thousands of ways for being the great man you are, Jake.”

    A small laugh escapes his mouth and he begins to place small kisses on my face.

    Because he will always be the Jake that, with his sweet words, I ended up falling in love with.