Hug

She remained lying on the bed, with the lump in her throat holding tightly. It wasn't the first time she felt like this.
She had been in that state for days, enduring that knot. She hadn't said anything so as not to worry anyone. She knew that if she told Jake about it, she would worry him a lot.
She looked at the screen of her phone, not even feeling like sending a message to her friends. That day she did not feel strong. She left it lying on the bed, not wanting to even look at it.
Too many missed calls and too many unanswered messages. And she knew that if she did, she wouldn't be able to speak normally.

It wasn't like everything in her life was bad, it was just a feeling of loneliness, of feeling empty for no reason. She wanted to cry, but she didn't because she didn't know if she could ever stop.

She heard the front door open. Normally she would run over to greet Jake with a hug and a kiss, but she didn't have the strength to do it.
She heard him call her name, but she couldn't answer. She knew that her voice was going to give her away.

Jake walked into the room and saw her lying on the bed. It was not normal for her.
    "Are you alright?" He asked her concerned. There was no answer, he only saw how her back was turned until he began to tremble "What is wrong?"
    He moved quickly towards her, slowly turning her around. She had tears in her eyes that had finally started to come out. The knot was still imprisoning her throat.
He kept his gaze on their eyes, crystal clear. They looked at him desperately, as if asking for help.
    "Would you hug me?" she asked him, with a small voice. It was almost as if she couldn't speak.
     Jake felt his soul break to hear her speak like that. He nodded hugging her.
The young woman hugged her boyfriend tightly, still trembling.
    "Have you been like this for a long time?" Jake asked her and she nodded, not wanting to answer with words "Do not ever be afraid to cry when I am around" he told her softly ". Never be afraid to cry, it's natural" He made her look at him and he smiled at her ". If you feel a heavy weight on your chest, cry to make yourself feel better or yell. But do not keep what you feel inside, always express it."
     The young woman nodded again, this time giving a cry of pain.

Perhaps the pain, loneliness and sadness would take time to disappear, but she reminded herself that she shouldn't hide it from her loved ones. Hide it from Jake.

From now on, if she needed to cry, she would. From now on, if she needed to scream, she would.

Jake kissed her forehead, listening to her express all the pain she felt. He would be by her side whenever she needed him in those hard times. Because he more than anyone could understand how she felt. And since she had once been a support for him, this time he would be her support.