In our Sanctuary

I feel Jake's fingers passing over my body, sliding slowly, as if he were painting with them.

     Slowly, I open my eyes, meeting his gaze. It is as if he is observing something precious.
     I smile at his touch and he returns it with a small laugh.

     The room is illuminated by only the light from the table behind me. And I'm grateful, because I can see Jake's face.
     I cling to him, hugging him.  It is our fourth meeting. Meeting that I don't want to forget like the rest.
     But then I start to shake. I realize that fear takes over me thinking that I will wait for him again.

    “Stay.” I whisper, placing my head in the crook of his shoulder “Please, Jake…stay with me more time.”

    "You know I would like to do it, angel." he says, caressing my back. I notice the pain in his voice “It is what I want most.”

    “And why don’t you do it?” I separated him a little, watching his eyes shine when he saw me again “I would never give you away.  I would never say that you are here.”

    "I know that, but I am afraid that because of me, they will come for you." he caresses my cheek and I lean into his hand "It is already being selfish of me to come see you every time I miss you, putting you in danger.”

     Small tears escape me, along with a small sigh.

    "Promise me you'll come back." I bring my hand to his face, brushing his bangs away.

     Jake nods, kissing my lips.  It's delicate.  Almost like another soft caress.

    "I always come back to you, you know that, but I promise you." he whispers after separating a few millimeters.

     I nod and intertwine my legs with his.

     I know he always comes back to me.  I don’t doubt his words or his promise. Jake has kept every promise he has made to me, even if it was only for a short time.

     And I trust that one day, we will be able to be anywhere without anyone stopping us.