Broken

Months.
     Months without a message.
     Months without a call. 

     Whole nights wondering if you'll be okay, if you've left this world. 

     I try to sleep at night with the phone in my hand, waiting for your call. Hoping to hear even his distorted voice. The last thing I received was "Do not worry, I am in a safe place."
    "Liar." I whisper, gripping the cell phone tightly.
     He always did that. He always tried to calm me down with his words. 

     That was Jake. The one who kept me safe. 

     It's another night in which I look at my phone waiting for a sign of life. 

     A slight sound makes me sit up. Someone knocks lightly on the window that leads to the garden. I don't need more. 

     Quickly, I go out to the living room and open the curtain. I gasp when I saw the red tone of his clothes. In his face. A blood that almost doesn't clash with the black color of his clothes.
     His eyes, tired and lost, seek my help.
     When I open the large window, Jake collapses towards me, hugging me. I can feel him shaking in my arms.
    "I... I cannot take it anymore..." he says in a hoarse voice "I have not been able to stop them, no... It is my fault... It is my fault..."
     I slowly stroke his hair, while we slowly sit on the floor.  

     I've never seen Jake like this. So broken. He let himself manage to let go of everything he feels inside him, all the pain and suffering that he has experienced all this time.
    "It's not, Jake" I whisper lovingly ", it's not your fault. You haven't done anything wrong."
    "I... I am so tired... I do not know if I can continue..."
    "Don't say that" I hug him tightly, leaving a kiss on his forehead. I don't care about getting dirty, I only care about him ". The world needs you, Jake, you still have to open people's eyes. You're a great person."
     Jake looks into my eyes, and I can see small tears falling.
    "You are the only one who trusts me when right now I do not trust myself..."
    "I'm the only one who really knows you."
     He nods slowly, giving me a small kiss.
     He hides his face again in the crook of my neck, hugging me tightly.
    "Welcome home, Jake..."
    "Thank you... Thank you for loving me..."
    "I will always love you, Jake, no matter what happens, you will always be important to me.
    And after those words, he began to cry harder.