So you don't forget

A slight trace on her body made MC slowly open her eyes.
She saw Jake concentrating, marker pen in hand writing under her navel. MC smiled, before letting out a laugh.
    "What are you doing?" she asked, looking at Jake amused and full of love.
    "Just write my name." the man replied, glancing quickly at the young woman.
    "Why? Like if you wanted to make me your property?" MC joked, placing her hands on her stomach, watching her boyfriend's expression change.
    "So that when I'm not here, you don't forget about me..."
     The way he said it made the young woman sit up.
She cupped Jake's face with both of her hands. They already knew it was only for one day. One day for both.
But she wasn't about to let that go to waste.
    "I would never forget you, Jake."
    "I know." The dark-haired man put the marker aside, having finished writing his name. He traced it delicately, "it's just, and we don't know when we'll have a moment like this again." His voice was hoarse, whispering each word. Looking into her eyes calmed him down. "It will be hard to have to talk by text again when I have already experienced what it is to be close to you. If I leave my name engraved, it will be like I can stay close to you."
     MC sighed. She couldn't help kissing him.
That kiss was very sweet. Jake placed his hands on the girl's back, returning her kiss.

After a few minutes, they parted from lack of air.
    "We'll be back... To find another day to meet." MC whispered, trying to get some air. "Hold on."
     The young woman took the marker and with it, she wrote her name on the side of his body, and then kissed him.
    "That's it, you're not going to be able to forget this moment either." MC put the marker aside, watching Jake's eyes. They both overflowed with too much love for each other. "You too will be able to feel me close to you."
    "I would be crazy if I had to forget you."
     Jake hugged the young woman, holding her tightly, as if she were going to disappear.
MC closed her eyes, leaving little kisses on his shoulder.

Even if it was for a long time, they would meet again, even if those names were erased, they would remain etched in their minds.

No matter how far apart they were, there would no longer be anyone to separate them.
Jake had promised her. And she would trust his word.