Warm

I was with him taking a walk. The leaves fell softly dancing to the ground. Suddenly, he stops, holding my hand. I look at you confused, but your messy dark hair comes out of your hood, it makes me smile. You smile at me and then gently caress my lips, while asking me "Can I kiss you?" I don't need to answer you, you already know what I want most. 

     And that's when I wake up. 

    I bring my fingers to my lips, remembering the sweet touch of your fingers. It never happened. Because we haven't met yet.
     I get up and look in the mirror. I already know what color I want to wear on my lips today. A color that only you are the one to kiss. Or I just wanted them to look like it did in my dreams. Red. A red that is equal to the passion I feel for you.
     Many times, I wonder what you must be look, but other times, I feel like I don't care. I like how you talk, how you think. I definitely wouldn't care. 

     I decide to go have breakfast at a cafeteria before going to work, the dream has given me too positive a feeling.
     No matter how much I talk to Jessy and Richy, my thoughts always end up with you, Jake. What are you doing right now? Will you be looking for a new clue? Or maybe you're thinking about Hannah? Part of me dreams that I might have a chance with you. 

     The warm coffee makes me remember my dream, the background music makes my mind fly to beautiful thoughts, imagining that you are with me, talking about banalities, perhaps you would dare to hold my hand while looking into my eyes.
     I so wish I could meet you. But you keep hidden, as if it were something dangerous for us to know each other. Maybe you're playing with me? Am I your means to find your true love?
     I look up feeling a pang in my chest and that's when I notice something. Or better, on someone. 

     I can't see his face completely, but I can see his eyes. Eyes that shine in the shadows under that hood. Eyes that look at me as if I were the most important thing that exists. Eyes in which I completely lose myself.
     My breath hitches as I feel a chill at that look. He looks at me. I'm the only person he looks at.
     From his look, I see that he calms down and walks towards the door. I wait with my heart beating faster and faster, as if it were on a roller coaster that is accelerating faster and faster. 

    But he never comes in. 

    I wait a little longer and shake my head. It has to be Jake, right? Who else was going to look at me as if he had known me all his life? As if that invisible thread was pulling me towards him and now, that thread is stretching more the longer I wait.
     I get up from the chair, running towards the door.
     I look everywhere, but you are no longer there.
     I then decide to write to you, a totally innocent question: "Were you the one in front of the cafeteria window?"
     I want a positive answer, that really gives me hope that I had seen the man I dreamed of so much. But instead, you end up lying to me: "I do not know what you are talking about". 

     I know it was you. Not because my intuition told me so, my heart did.
     I put my phone to my chest, wanting to cry. I will accept that you don't want to see me because, maybe I am not what you are looking for in me, what you like most. Because maybe I'm not Hannah.
     Because I prefer to dream than want to get hurt because of you. I will continue dreaming that one day, you can give me that warmth in which I live in my dreams for you.