C22 - He Was Born a Genius

"Damn it! How can there be so many Death Bell Beetles?"

"They're everywhere!"

"Where the heck did they all come from?"

"I can't run anymore..."

"Quit your yapping and move! Do you want to die?"

Cries of panic echoed one after another.

The adventurers sprinted desperately for their lives, chased by an unending, dense swarm of insects that resembled a surging tide.

"Is this the worm tide?"

Xie Yang inhaled sharply. Regaining his composure, he wasted no time in turning on his heel and bolting.

Over ten thousand insects bore down on them.

An elephant could be overwhelmed by a swarm of ants, and Xie Yang had no illusions about his chances against tens of thousands of Death Bell Beetles.

The insects advanced with overwhelming force.

Other adventurers in the canyon sensed the danger and scrambled towards the exit in terror.

But upon reaching the entrance, they were horrified to find it teeming with Death Bell Beetles, completely blocked.

"What do we do now?"

"Think fast! We need to find a way out before the worm tide catches up!"

"Break through! Let's go for it!"

"That's not going to work. With this many Death Bell Beetles, we won't make it out in time. We'll be doomed if the insects surround us!"

"What else can we do, then? We can't just sit here and wait to die!"

Amidst the chaos, the adventurers began to argue, many wearing expressions of utter despair.

"Xie Yang!"

He heard his name called out and turned to see Kong Qian, Tung Yaying, and others approaching.

Their faces were ashen; they too were at a loss in the face of the dire situation.

The area was teeming with adventurers, yet the majority were merely apprentice Beastmasters, ill-equipped to combat such an immense worm tide.

Their only hope was to endure until help arrived.

Many adventurers were equipped with battle recorders, capable of sending live footage to the Beastmaster Association.

The Association was likely already aware of the unfolding crisis.

Rescue teams were probably en route.

The worm tide was formidable, but with a few silver-ranked Beastmasters dispatched by the Association, managing these insects shouldn't be too difficult.

The only condition was that the adventurers could last until help arrived.

Xie Yang squinted, scanning the surroundings. His eyes suddenly sharpened.

Pointing towards the rear, he declared, "We make our stand there!"

Kong Qian and the others looked to where Xie Yang pointed—a concave rock wall about a hundred meters away.

Their eyes brightened.

The spot had a single entrance with no other openings. They would only need to fend off attacks from one direction. It was an ideal location to hold off the worm tide.

Kong Qian and his companions felt a wave of embarrassment.

They were seasoned adventurers, yet in the face of danger, their composure paled in comparison to that of a student. The realization was a bitter pill to swallow.