C7 - The Little Snowball Evolved

The abrupt turn of events left everyone dumbfounded once more.

Zou Xinrui and Moo Shuqin's eyes went wide with astonishment as they gazed at the Ice Crystal Soul hovering above the ground. "What is that?"

Wasn't Xie Yang's pet supposed to be Little Snowball?

How had it transformed into this unrecognizable creature?

Bai Tian was equally taken aback.

She was more familiar with Xie Yang than anyone else and had previously seen Little Snowball.

This petite, adorable ice-attribute pet bore no resemblance to Little Snowball.

"What's happening?" Bai Tian's face was a mask of bewilderment.

As the girls looked on in stunned silence, a barrage of icicles mercilessly pummeled the charging Spirit Wolf.

In a mere moment, the Spirit Wolf was lacerated by the relentless icicles.

Its body was swiftly encased in a layer of frost, eliciting a piercing howl of agony.

"How can this be?" Yin Tian's eyes bulged in disbelief.

His Spirit Wolf possessed the strength of the second rank's first layer.

Yet, it had been wounded by a high school student's pet!

Did that imply the student's pet was also of the second rank?

"Could he be one of the elite students from a high school?"

"But that's impossible. The pets of high school students typically peak at the first rank's ninth layer. I've never heard of any pet advancing to the second rank," Yin Tian thought, both shocked and furious.

Bai Tian was the star student at Lakeshell High.

Yet, her Demon Flame Bird had only reached the first rank's ninth layer.

The gap between the Demon Flame Bird and the Spirit Wolf of the second rank's first layer might seem minor, but it was the vast divide between the first and second ranks.

The Spirit Wolf could effortlessly overpower the Demon Flame Bird.

That was the very reason Yin Tian had confidently agreed to stand up for Bai Tian, knowing her capabilities.

However, Yin Tian hadn't anticipated that among Bai Tian's allies was someone with a second rank pet just like his.

"Damn it!"

Retreat was no longer an option at this point.

Yin Tian steeled himself, commanding the Spirit Wolf to press the attack.

"He's just a high school student after all. Even with a second rank pet, it must have only recently leveled up, so its rank can't be that high!"

"He must have just gotten lucky, awakening some powerful skill."

In the world of pet combat, a pet's battle prowess isn't solely determined by its strength and level, but also by its skills.

A potent skill could significantly boost a pet's battle prowess. Yet, a pet's abilities aren't limitless—each use is followed by a cooldown period. "I just need to take it down before it can use its next skill," Yin Tian thought, feeling a bit more at ease. But then, he watched as the Ice Crystal Soul stretched out its palm, its tiny lips parting to gently blow into the center of its hand.

A howling ice mist, brimming with biting cold, surged forth, enveloping the Spirit Wolf in its frosty embrace. Ice Breathing! The air crystallized into visible ice grains wherever the mist traveled. The Spirit Wolf, charging at the Ice Crystal Soul, was given no quarter, instantly frozen into a pale blue, translucent statue.