Chapter 27

The archbishop had no memory of the time since he had met Father Marku and drunk the tea he recommended.

The next thing he remembered was waking up in a holy place in the Siuta Forest.

Father Marku had died shortly after arriving in the capital.

Diete's forced breathing could only do so much.

Leaving the temple, Diete was lost in thought.

"It's strange, to say the least. Why didn't the Archbishop leave any after-effects?

It was powerful enough to wipe out memories.

And any magic that touches the mind must leave aftereffects.

To be honest, she wanted to stay in Lehen and study the Archbishop until she had her questions answered.

'In any case, this trip to the Old World has been fruitful. Lot's target was a priest of the Temple of the Gods, which I didn't expect, which is why I didn't catch a trace of him.'

Diete thought that warlocks who traveled to the Old World would have access to powerful people.

That was the only place she had been looking, so it's no wonder she hadn't found them.

'Why the temple? Maybe I should change my search.'

Diete believed that the temples that were widespread in the Old World were merely religious institutions, with no power that could be called divine.

The archbishop's ability to find his way through the forest was considered a gift of intuition.

'Maybe it's not an individual talent, but some kind of special power.'

What did Lott find in the Old World?

If she wanted to catch him, she needed to know what he was after.

Diete stopped walking and looked around.

She had come to a deserted street.

She stared at the end of the straight road.

'Should I stop in Ost and then turn around?'

If she went back to the New World, she had no idea when she would be in the Old World again.

She should go and see Frea.

She was inwardly glad to hear that she was no longer a priest.

She had been trained as a priest from a young age, and she admired her determination to change her mind.

'She has shown an interest in magic, so if she is willing to learn, I'll take her to the New World.'

The foreign students sent by the various kingdoms were young.

When she thought of them, she naturally went "tsk, tsk."

***

When she felt the cold air against her skin, Frea's eyes widened in surprise.

When she opened her eyes, the bedroom was bright.

'It must be nighttime now... that was magic.'

She looked at the ceiling.

It was different from the natural feel of daylight.

Five nights passed in a row.

And now she was finally here.

For the past five days, she'd muttered the incantation several times before falling asleep each night.

She even took a nap on purpose.