Chapter 26

"Perhaps a small tea party or two would be better than meeting no one at all, and then you'd really kick things off at the banquet, as is your nature, Your Royal Highness."

"What, according to my nature?"

Emily burst out laughing.

It was a sarcastic remark.

If anyone else had said it, they would have gotten tea in their face.

Emily only laughed because she knew Frea didn't mean it in a sarcastic way.

"Thank you for your input, it was very helpful."

"Of course."

The evening was leisurely after Frea returned to the palace.

For the next two days, Ellie and Rachel would be traveling to the princess's palace, and she had no special plans for the rest of the day.

Today was the day she had promised Aran.

As she drifted off to sleep, she closed her eyes and muttered.

"Kirdas."

Frea was soon asleep.

The next morning, she awoke, looked around, and sat up.

She was in her bedroom in the Star Palace.

'Why...'

She was confused.

She was sure she chanted the spell, but she didn't make it to the world last night.

Chapter. Tracking

Aran sat at his desk in his office and stared at the painting on the wall in plain view.

Two days ago, she had promised to meet him, but she never showed up.

He waited all night.

Only after daylight did he admit that he'd been cheated.

Instead of feeling angry, he was worried that she would never come again.

'Where the hell are you?'

The reason he didn't ask her for her identity was to keep her off guard.

On the other hand, he was confident that he could find her.

Moreover, she gave away a very important clue.

She said she had attended a wedding so large that it was being celebrated in the 'capital'.

The only place that could be called a capital was the empire and the capitals of the twelve principalities that surrounded it.

He immediately ordered an investigation.

But nowhere had there been any recent festivities to celebrate a wedding.

'That didn't sound like a lie.'

His instructions to Count Bertie to find a closed group remained unanswered.

Count Bertie was competent.

He had a wide range of contacts.

There was no one better suited to survey the territories outside the Empire.

He would have the cooperation of the principalities.

Still, the lack of reports would mean that the group he was looking for was either in hiding, or simply not there.

The chamberlain, who had entered quietly, stepped to Aran's side.

"Your Majesty. The Tower Master of Blue Light requests your presence."