Chapter 1. Encounter

T/N: Do not vote on any chapters of this story, otherwise it will be removed.

"Why is it so cold?"

The air enveloping her entire body carried a biting chill.

Frea instinctively pulled her legs up, crouched down, and tightly wrapped her arms around herself.

The coldness seeped through her palms, leaving them frigid.

Puzzled, she wondered why it was her skin that felt the brisk air rather than the protection of her clothes.

As a sense of discomfort pierced through her drowsiness, a sudden, powerful force seized her by the hair.

'Gasp!'

A gasp caught in her throat as she was lifted off the ground, her scalp throbbing with pain.

Fear and confusion intertwined as she struggled to comprehend the situation, making it challenging for her to breathe.

"You're quite talented."

A low, calm voice resonated, sending shivers down Frea's spine.

The muttered words seemed more like a soliloquy than a question.

The nonchalant tone heightened the lump in Frea's throat.

Attempting to open her eyelids, she strained to see the face of the emotionless individual, but darkness surrounded her.

She couldn't fathom her current location.

Frea stood frozen, captivated by the sight of two fiery orbs suspended before her.

"...eyes?"

Contrary to initial impressions, it wasn't fire; instead, a glimmer emanated from the pupils.

'Beautiful.'

Enthralled, Frea extended her hand towards those jewel-like red eyes.

In an instant, the red irises contracted vertically, accompanied by a small mocking chuckle.

"A typical trick."

A large hand encircled Frea's neck, and she instinctively felt the warmth of the other person's flesh.

'They're going to end my life!'

Confronting the terror of death, her eyes involuntarily welled up with warmth.

However, the emotionless person gripping her neck hesitated momentarily.

The red irises shook, as if in a state of confusion.

"Who... are you?"

Strangely, she found herself wanting to pose probing questions.

Who are you?

Where is this?

Why are you doing this to me?