🌸Chapter 41: Sunblock Shenanigans (Intermediate)🎨

🌞Sunshine Arc👙

----------

Written by EmtenDew

Edited by P. serrulata

Art courtesy of SeriousBismuth

----------

Author's note :

ED: Today—

Naoto tries out for the big leagues... and ends up bunting after two strikes.

...

"PPB" means parts per billion. It's like parts per million (PPM) but smaller.

This chapter took a LONG time to get how I wanted. The remainder of the beach stuff is also a little difficult for me to get through, but it's moving along.

I'm hoping we can finish off the beach stuff sometime in early June, because I REALLY want to get to the later material.

The reason I did a flashback for Naoto and Gamo-chan's time together after karaoke was because I got stuck on writing it, which is why we went right from karaoke party to pool cleanup and covered their time together later.

But I'm not doing that again, not here. The beach stuff will finish when it finishes, and that'll bring us to the big summer festival and the events leading up to it.

...

I started watching the Pokémon anime with a couple of my older brothers in 2000. I was really young then. The first thing I really remember watching live is around the middle of Johto.

When I was down with the flu a few weeks ago, I decided to try watching Pokémon Horizons. I like it a lot so far. I've heard that episodes 27 and on become more episodic than the first half of the season, but I'm still hopeful it'll be good.

I think the English opening theme song, "Becoming Me", is my favorite dub song of the entire series. And there have been, like, 27 English opening songs. It just feels like a really good song for a new beginning.

The second Japanese opening song, "Halo", is also really good.

Since I was a kid, I watched the entire series up to Sun & Moon, because I didn't like Journeys very much. Not having a regular girl travel companion the entire time sort of helped kill the series. Making Goh kind of androgynous wasn't a good enough substitute. The structure of the series wasn't great either.

Liko in Horizons is a different kind of heroine, but she's a good one. She's cute, has a great design, earnest, and has a heart of 23-karet gold. She even breaks the fourth wall a few times, once realizing that all the bad guys wanted a piece of her, leaving her to wonder if she was the main character of the story. Alejandra Reynoso did a good job with her in the dub, I think. Her reactions are priceless.