🌼Chapter 36: Beach Episode! [Part Eight]🐇

🌞Sunshine Arc👙

Written by EmtenDew

Edited by P. serrulata

----------

Art courtesy of SeriousBismuth

----------

Author's note:

PS: Hey, just thought I'd say "howdy". I've been quietish for a while. EDew's busy with school and real life, and we're rethinking a number of things for the story, but we're steadily working. I'm getting a lot of reading done... and watching a lot of anime.

I got back from a business trip last week. I saw my share of dirty syringes, empty Scope bottles, turds, pee-pee, and soiled underwear (on and off of the lovely citizenry, stoned to the B'Jesus Belt on the sidewalks).

I won't mention what lovely city I visited, but it was good to get away from Minnesota for a week.

Despite that, I'm back on the prairie and getting a little stir-crazy, just swinging dick out on the farm. Harvest was good, hunting was good, but ice fishing is a big, fat, old dud this year. We did well as far as the fishing goes, but the conditions are abhorrent.

It was too mild up until the New Year for good ice-formation, and while it got cold as death for a couple weeks in January, it wasn't enough to get good ice coverage ANYWHERE. And now, we're seeing record-high temperatures, well above freezing.

I've been out twice, and I didn't feel safe out there either time, even with only a hand-pulled sled and a little tent to stay out of the wind. In a pig's ass was I gonna drive out onto a "frozen" lake, and the Ice Castle has been sitting in the big shed since I took it camping last year.

Literally hundreds of people have fallen through the ice on Minnesota lakes, even more have needed to be rescued—sometimes from ice-floes (literally large sheets of ice breaking away from larger areas of ice) on some of the bigger lakes.

I don't even know how many vehicles and how much equipment have fallen through the ice statewide. Lake of the Woods is a nightmare for these things. We drove up there, took one look at the ice, and said "NOPE! We're not going out there!"

Rock on! We'll be moving on from the beach stuff soon enough, but it'll be a bit until then. I'm excited to see the next arc released.

ED: I guess I haven't mentioned it yet, which is dumb since I normally would, but the reason the beach chapters are so many is because it's actually material for TWO DAYS of beach episode stuff.

This wasn't supposed to be the only time the group goes to the beach, and it still won't be, but there was going to be another beach day occurring soon after the summer festival chapters.