44- Date

Miraadhya

I am getting scolded by my mother but I don't give two heads at what she is saying , all I could think is about what he had said.

Should I feel happy or sad?

I wanted to marry him- of course I would marry him but now the circumstance has changed, my own mother made sure of it. And I have this urgent need to break something to vent out on anything or anyone.

"Maa please stop, I cannot hear more." I say tiredly as I start taking off my so called wedding dress, I remove the Shaka pola from my left hand, the right being already broken when I had slapped that man. My bare hands gave me a good relief.

"Fine! You are grown up now! Even Abhijeet is not listening to me! What has that man done to everyone! Don't come to me when he breaks your heart by treating you like a garbage" she scowls and rushes out of my room in long fast strides.

It takes me forever to change my clothes to much simpler ones as all I could think was what would happen now. Sometimes I feel Rajaji is weird, no he is crazy who also makes me crazy.

And then suddenly I hear a loud stomp and then the sound of footsteps. I quickly turn towards the balcony.

"Aap yeha?" I whisper when I see him approaching me and I stand up fast backing away a bit, why is he always from the balcony and not the main door?

"What-" I again ask but stop when he suddenly holds my right hand, clutching it with his big fingers, his entire palm covered my hand. He rubs his thumb over my skin softly and I didn't know such action could cause butterflies in my stomach.

"We are going somewhere, take something which can cover your face" he says calmly as if the events of past few hours didn't even happen, I stood still in confusion as I try to read his expression but nothing gives it away.

"We have no time Miraadhya, come"

I nod my head quickly and leave his grasp to look for a shawl, I wrap it around my head and cover my face as he had asked, he again holds me and takes me out of my own room.

"Are we running away or what?"'I whisper as we tip toe towards the hall, a soldier passes by and he pulls me to hide behind a huge pillar.
"Shhh" he keeps his finger on my lips and I became aware of our close proximity and my heart starts pounding.

Not now you fool.

He thins his eyes and as soon as he sees a clearer path and we again walk hand in hand to this mini thrill adventure.

"Areeee at least tell me where are we going? Don't tell me you are going to punish me"'I exclaim and he rolls his eyes at me but I don't laugh, I actually grow tense as he takes me to some deserted place which led to the exit.

"Yes actually I do have a list of things for which I need to punish you!" He
Clicks his lips and says sternly and my eyes grow in fear but I don't leave his hand neither protest his intrusion.

From afar I spot Chetak, the horse which I had grown affectionate to and it instantly brings a smile on my face. He seem to remember me because as soon as I touch him he neighs softly and my heart melts seeing him.

"First punishment is for that you left Chetak, he is being missing you for days now" Rajaji said.

"Ohh I am so sorry Chetak,I will compensate it my feeding you every day" I say to the beautiful horse who seem to stomp his feet now and I take it as a sign of his happy dance.

"Are you kidnapping me?" I ask Rajaji while petting Chetak.

"You seem less resistant for someone who is being taken hostage " he takes the reign in his hand to release Chetak.