41 - Chaos

Miraadhya

Within seconds a havoc erupted in the room, the sound of men grunting or fighting could be heard, women shouting and running to the other side but I stand still. An eerie calmness spreading across my body as opposed to the chaos in front of me.

I turn slowly to see him face to face, to actually register the fact that he is here, he held my shoulder , a light smile playing on his lips but his eyes held vigour. He looked the same but more mature at the same time as if he is being through trials these days, his hair was freshly trimmed unlike the last time I saw him.

Somehow he seemed more bigger and stronger or maybe I have become tiny in front of him, his sharp jaw, beautiful eyes and the light tanned skin were shining under the lights of this decoration.

He was breathtaking. He was everything I ever wished for- I could ever wish for, how come I didn't notice this on our first meet? I would have held onto him and never let him go.

He held determination as he looked at the prince behind me with pure hatred, he came here for a purpose and I hoped that purpose was me.

He looked at me from top to bottom and sighed heavily, a raw emotion in his eyes and I slowly cried as he softly caressed my cheeks.

He suddenly pulled me behind and I screamed in shock only to see him holding his sword in front to stop the attack by Prince Vijayy who looked livid, I look at my surrounding to see men fighting other men, people getting injured and I see Raghav had already fallen down, a huge cut on his shoulders.

Oh god! I run towards Raghav and hold his bleeding shoulder.

"Can you get up?" I ask in concern and he grunts but nods. I inspect his cut which seemed not too deep but a substantial amount of bleeding was happening, I quickly tore some portion of my fabric and wrapped it around him like a make shift hand clasp to stop the bleeding.

"I need a knife...a small knife " I say with shaky voice but he stares at me in shock.

I turn back to see Rajaji fighting with the Prince and I see Raghav in desperation. "Do you have it Raghav? I need to defend my self" I now scold him which made him nod his head quickly, he took out a small knife and I held it, it weighed light and was sharp, perfect.

He got up and picked up his sword from his good hand and he eyes me.

"Before coming here I had asked Dada was it worth it?" He says and I lower my eyes in shame, it's not at all worth it, I do not deserve him.

"But now I know it is worth it- you do deserve to be with my brother" he says with utmost confidence and I jolt my head to stare at him, my lips flapping as I have nothing to say him.

"Keep yourself safe Boudi" he says and quickly goes to other side to fight and I palm my chest anxiously hearing him calling me Boudi.

From the side I sense a soldier approaching me to attack which I dodge swiftly, I quickly move to the side and with the knife, attack his wrist which makes him drop his sword, I then kick his stomach and stab his side lightly.
He falls down and I shudder in disgust, I have never killed before and I guess I could never.

I see Rajaji staring me , an amused smile on his face and I glance the other way is shyness.

"Attack!" I heard someone screaming and saw King Abhijeet approaching, I see him in fear, Rajaji will be outnumbered if he is attacked now! Abhijeet man charges and I scream in fear only to realise that rather than attacking Rajaji's men they were fighting along with them against the Prince's soldier.

What is happening?

I see King Abhijeet fighting some men from the other side when I see Sukanya running towards me.