14- Seeking comfort

Please vote and comment !!! Would love to hear your opinion.

Also listen to Aise Kyun (Ghazal Version) ✌️

========================
Mira's POV

It was early in the morning when I went back to my room, the number of guards around his and mine chambers were doubled. I recoiled back when two soldiers stopped me from going to my room.

"You cannot go inside?" They announced.

"Why?" I asked cautiously, did Rajaji asked them to do so? Is he finally going to punish me.

I heard light commotion coming from inside and I saw few soldiers moving, they seemed to be searching.

My breath slowed down in fear. The letter was still there, I had not burned it yet.

"Let me go inside" I said and tried to enter but they stopped. One of the guard coming close and towering over me, I jolted back in fear, bringing back the image of that soldier who tried to take me.

"Who ordered this"? I asked angrily.

They didn't answer and looked at each other .
"Are you denying a Princess's order? You know what Rajaji would say right"? I said and their eyes opened in nervousness.

I tapped my feet in impatience as I heard the sound increasing from the chambers. "Should I call Maharaja here and ask why his would be wife is denied entry in her own chambers?" I declared and they immediately lowered their gaze.

"No princess, forgive us, Prince Raghavendra had ordered the search" they said.

I thinned my brows, I knew Rajaji's brother doubted me but didn't realise he would do anything seeing his own brother is not taking action against me.

I stomped inside and they let me. I was feeling guilty of lying but I have already done enough to think about it.

"Everyone out!" I shouted and all of them stopped their work.
The soldiers behind me entered and asked them to leave.

When everyone left I looked for the letter, I had hid it in the gaps of my bed. I shifted the mattress and looked for the gap in between the planks.

"Oh god!" My heart sank when I didn't find the letter. I searched here and there and with each passing moment my head started spinning but I didn't find the letter.

Did they find it.? I didn't see the soldiers taking anything.

If Rajaji sees the letter I have to tell him the truth, and if Harshadip gets to know he is exposed he will kill my mother.

I should just tell him the truth, he will help me saving my mother. He is a kind man and will understand this situation.

Ohh god! Why will he even trust me? I tired to kill him!!!

I palmed my face as my mind raved with all the possibilities. My lips became dry and the stress was beginning to creep in.

Harshadip must be in Kingdom Gauda, north from here, he was in talks with a trade agreement with them, he must have taken aid from them, my mother's village is also there.

I should just tell him this information.

I sighed in frustration and paced the room in nervousness. My cheeks were hot and hands sweaty.
What will he say? That his own daughter exposed her father, King Harshadip ? He will again not believe me.

I shouldn't have agreed to do this , I should have killed Harshadip and fled with Maa. I started crying in anxiety, the tears coming out as I choked on my breath, my chest felt congested and it became extremely difficult to breathe.

"I just want to go home" I sobbed and palmed my heavy heart. My hands were shaking and by now I was wheezing for air.

All the memories started creeping in, how I was always the scapegoat of everything, always earning for a father's recognition, how no one knew my name, was never given the respect.

Maybe I should just end this, I held the ruby stone in my finger. I have failed at this miserably like I have failed in every aspect of my life.

I heard footsteps entering but couldn't look at the intruder, I was not in a proper state, my hairs were tangled badly , my sari was not properly dressed and on top of that I was not able to breathe.

I saw someone sitting in front of me slowly, as he held my cheeks I slowly looked at him. His deep sharp eyes staring at me with worry.

He was saying something but I couldn't concentrate. He held my face and looked at me sternly,

"Breath" he said and something clicked within me. I have to breath

He showed me how to inhale and exhale and I tried copying him. He held my trembling hands and continued to monitor my breathing.

My tears didn't stop as my heart started to feel lighter.
I tried to kill him, he is injured because of me and he is not even trying to punish me. How is this man like this?

I held him tightly as if my life dependent on it and slowly but steadily my breathing got normal.

I saw him standing up but I held him back, he looked at me softly and caressed by head lightly. I closed my eyes in comfort.

He walked slowly towards the bed to bring me water and I immediately stood up, the vibrations within me making me light headed .

I held the glass from him and made him sit on the bed, he inclined towards the headset. He pulled my hand and made me sit with him.

My hands were extremely trembling so he held the glass and made me drink the water.

For the first time in my life I was crying and someone was there to help me drink water .

He caressed my back slowly and I became more vulnerable, as if he was brushing off all the build up emotions within me. I couldn't hold myself anymore and started sobbing like a baby.

He held my hand and brought me closer to him , I turned towards him and hugged him. He kept caressing my back and hair and I selfishly received comfort from him.

"It's okay, everything will be okay" he said and I shook my head in dismissively.

"Nothing will ever be okay" I said in my hoarse voice and he held me more tightly. His lips gently touched my forehead and my heart did a flip.

Will I be able to say him the truth? How will he treat me knowing I am no princess.

I refused to think anymore, for the first time in my twenty two years of my life I felt comforted and I would not mind being selfish if I want this moment to stay a bit longer.

"You said to the guards you are my would be wife?" he asked softly and I immediately tried to lift myself to apologise but he held me and wrapped his hand around me. We were now facing each other but his eyes were closed.

I stayed still. "I didn't like they were checking my room so I used your name" I whispered. My skin heated with his close proximity and licked my lips.

"You used my name?" He smirked and I fought the urge to hit him. "You have already used a lot of me " he added and pulled me closer. I kept my head on his chest and could listen to his heart beats.

"Someone will see us like this" I said and tried to again sit but he groaned.

"You already said you are my would me wife so obey your duties and let your injured would be husband sleep. My would be wife is very dangerous and nearly killed me" he joked but I felt my chest constricted hearing the last part.

He must have sensed my discomfort because he gently placed my head over his chest and I breathed a sigh.

"I forgive you this time but don't attack me again my little Sherni(tigress)"

I smiled as a lone tear fell from my eyes. I will never be able to hurt him ever again and that's what made me feared the most.

Nonetheless I had the best sleep of my life.