40-7 pheras

Thank you everyone for the reads and comments💕💕 I read them and it makes me happy. Continue to vote and comment!

——————————————————-
Miraadhya

I pace the room in fast strides as I hear the sound of drums (Dhaak) playing outside, the decoration has been done, whatever guest could arrive in such short notice has come and within few hours it is my marriage.

In the last two days I tried everything- begged my mother who didn't even flinch at my request , begged Uncle Abhijeet who did gave me a look of sympathy but kept silent, in desperation I even tried to write a letter to Rajaji which never got sent as the guards brought it to the king instead.

The worst part was I couldn't tell Sukanya about it, she would be too hurt and given her temper which always cause her to do irrational things she would end up doing something which will put her in harm.

Is this the fate I am supposed to accept? Will it change my life in any form or put me in this endless cycle of suffering and longing.

Did Rajaji also got the news of my marriage? Of course he would have. Did he feel bad or was he relieved? The countless questions plaques my mind as I couldn't stop overthinking.

"Ahhhh" I scream in frustration clutching my hair as I sit on the floor in despair, my eyes had become red now with the continuous tears I had wasted for something which I couldn't even change- my fate.

The security around my room has been increased by mother, even if I plan to run away then what will happen to them- the humiliation will be big and the Prince will not think twice before killing anyone.

"Mira Di!" Mishti enters hurriedly and stares at me with big eyes. "The Prince family arrived now" she says and my heart sinks. This is actually getting real.

"Your mother wants you to start getting ready" she says softly and nods towards the maroon sari kept neatly folded over the bed.

I stare at the fabric and I never realised I could hate this colour so much like I am hating it at this moment. I should have agreed with Rajaji when he had asked to marry me , when I had the chance but now that I know about the truth of my mother being the one who killed his father - I couldn't even hope for that.

Within a span of months my life has changed, I thought I had to go through a lot of struggles while growing up but nothing compares to what I am feeling right now. I wish I had never known the truth- never met him.

I sit here, a numbness spreading my body or maybe I am incapable of feeling anything because the more thought I put into it the more suffocating it becomes. I will consider this as a nightmare from which I am still not awakened.

The girls who are currently applying mahavar in my hands and feet are giggling as if it's them who are getting married.

"You look Preety Princess" one of the girl says , plating the fabric around me with absolute precision. I stare at myself in the mirror, the beautiful dress does not matches my dead eyes and I feel hollow from within- I want to fight this but I am not getting the strength- I don't know if I will ever be able to.

"Miraadhya " I hear Maa as she enters my room, her eyes sparkles with joy as she sees me in bridal attire.

"Ohh! I always wanted to see you being a bride" she says emotionally but I do not feel anything except the weight of the jewellery and the veil on top of my head.

"A lot of rituals have been skipped because of the limited time,but this ritual has to be done" she says and pulls me towards the bed for me to sit. She sits beside me and she takes the white and red bangles (shaka- pola) from a pouch.