Mbali#23

They hit an animal ,but still I continued running ,then I reached Zamahle and took a sit there ,I can't believe I escaped death just like that ,I believe that my father is behind this but I don't know the reason but my father values wealth over lives so I believe that he lost the wealth that was given to him as a gift because I can't continue with my marriage with Menzi ,I don't love him.So I sat next to the river and I drank some water ,atleast I took my spear with me but I feel pity for lihle ,when she comes back to her hut ,she will find me long gone if not her hut being torn apart all because of my father.And what I hate the most is that my mom agrees to this ,what a stupid woman!I wonder where will I stay?Ohhh bingo ,let me go to Zingisa plus I promised him that I will come tonight but I didn't want him to see me like this people ,I didn't bath at all today and besides I'm not emotionally well ,I just need some time alone but I really need him more than I need time.So I stood up and walked straight into Zingisa's home ,firstly I checked the guards and jumped over the fence and knocked at his window.And he put on his candle and walked straight to the window and opened it.
Zingisa:(Whispering)Iya kulandlu kamalume ,undilinde phaya(Go to my uncle's hut ,wait for me there)
Mbali:(Whispering)Izinkabi zona?(What about the guards?)
Zingisa:(Whispering)Just go there ,I'll answer your questions there
I did just that and I opened the door ,I guess he never locked it since we agreed to meet there more often than to meet in Zamahle and as it not safe for the both of us anymore.After some few minutes he entered inside the hug and we hugged
Zingisa:(Put on a bitter face)Hayibo bhabha yintoni wanuka kanje?(Geez baby why do you smell like that?)
Mbali:Angigezanga namhlanje Zingisa(I didn't bath Zingisa)
Zingisa:(Popped his eyes out)Sies!ngoba kutheni Mbali?hayi marn funeka uhlambile(Sies!why Mbali?no man you need to bath)
Mbali:Kuphi Zingisa?(Where Zingisa?)
Zingisa:Kowenu hebantu ligeza na eli(At your home ,is this person crazy?)
Mbali:Home is you(I gave him a pale smile)I have something to tell you.
Zingisa:(Gave me a puzzled look)Yintoni Lo nto ufuna ukundixelela yona?(What is it that you want to tell me?)
Mbali:Ubaba ungixoshile ,angisenalo ikhaya mina ,nala bengizohlala khona angeke ngisakhona ukuhlala kuleyo ndawo ,angiphephile(My father banned me from the kingdom ,I don't have a home anymore ,and where I was supposed to be staying in ,I won't be able to stay there because it's no longer safe)(Tears escaped my eyes)
He came closer to me and brushed my back
Zingisa:Utata wakho uthi wenzeni?heee uGatsheni bendisazi ukuba ukhohlakele kodwa zange ndicinge ukuba ukhohlakele ngaloo ndlela ,wenzeni wena ukuze ugxothwe?(Your father did what?heeee I knew Gatsheni is heartless but I didn't think he was this heartless ,what did you do to him?)
Mbali:I decided to follow my heart ,I chose you over the person I was supposed to be marrying ,i got banned because I love you ,an enemy ,that I choose you ,and yes I do choose you ,you're my home Zingisa ,I'll always choose you ,so it's clear that I choose you over my family
Zingisa:uhmm......andazi nokuba ndithini kodwa nam ndiyakuthanda s'thandwa sam ,myeke uGatsheni bhabha ,uzakuzisola ngenye imini xa uba yindlovukazi yalapha kwa Radebe.Khawutsho sthandwa sentliziyo yam yonke ,kutheni usithi le ndawo ubuzohlala kuyo ayikhuselekanga?(uhm.....I don't know what to say but I love you too my love ,leave Gatsheni alone he'll regret what he did to you baby when one day you become a Radebe queen.So tell me the love of my life ,why are you saying the place you were supposed to be living in is not safe?)
Mbali:Cishe ngabulawa namhlanje Zingisa ,cishe nje ngafa(I almost died today Zingisa ,I almost died)
Zingisa:Hayibo uthini kum Mbali?xawucinga ngoobani abafuna ukukubulala?(Geez what are you saying to me Mbali?who do you think it might be?)
Mbali:Ngisola ubaba mina ,ngisola ukuthi uthumele izinkabi ukuthi zingibulale ,ngiyasaba mina Zingisa ,sengiyamsaba ubaba mina manje Zingisa angiboni ngizokuthola ukuphumula esaphila ubaba mina(I suspect my father ,I suspect he sent the huntsman to kill me ,I'm scared Zingisa ,I am scared of my own father now Zingisa ,I dont think I will  ever find peace while he is still alive)
Zingisa:No I doubt it was him and please dont talk like that baby just relax and just think about again ,maybe it was just someone or some people that were hunting ,kaloku abanye abantu bazingela ebusuku ngoku bebecinga usisilwanyana nawe , andicingi ukuba utata wakho angade akubulale(,some people hunt at night so they thought you were an animal too ,I don't think your father might kill you)
Mbali:(He has a point though)You reckon?
Zingisa:Ewe bhabha ,kodwa angeke ndikuvumele ukuba ubuyele kuloo ndawo ,kaloku asinaso isiqinisekiso sokuba nyani ngabazingeli abaya na ,kuzafuneka uleli apha ekhaya iintsuku nje ezimbalwa ndide ndikufumanele indlu ethi wena okanye ndizathetha noDumile ukuba akuhlalise kwakhe apho khona uzoziva ukhuselekile(Yes baby ,but I can't let you go back to that place ,we are not sure that that those were hunters ,so you'll have to sleep here for couple of days till I found you a shelter or I'll talk with Dumile to let you stay with him just for few days so that you can feel safe)
Mbali:(I gave him a smile)UDumile wubani manje?yingobani ungabi sowungishada Kanti ngihlale Lana nawe ,angifuni ukucasha mina(Who's Dumile now?why can't you just marry me so that I can live with you here ,I don't want to hide anymore)
Zingisa:(Cleared his throat)Andizukwazi ukwenza loo nto Mbali ,ayikho lula ngalendlela uyitsho ngayo (I can't do that Mbali ,this is not easy)
Wait?what's not easy here ,I mean I chose him over my family but he doesn't want to do the same ,no this dude is full of rubbish ,I mean I thought this was the way where I can be with him but he sees things in a different way.
Mbali:Uzama ukuthini Zingisa?yini engekho lula lana ngoba le nto ilula(What are you trying to say Zingisa?what's not easy here because everything is so easy to do here)
Zingisa:(Cleared his throat and brushed his head)Jonga bhabha(Held my hands)Andinakwazi ukuthatha esosigqibo ndingekathethi notata kaloku ,funeka ndithethe naye kuqala ukwenzela mna nawe sizotshata ,angeke ndisophule isithembiso sam kuwe ,ndiyakuthembisa Ntyantyi (Look baby*I can't take that decision just like that meanwhile I haven't talked to my father ,I have to speak to him first so that me and you can get married ,I won't break my promise to you ,I promise you)
Mbali:Awukakamtsheli ngam?!(You haven't told him about me?!)
Zingisa:Shh sungxola kaloku nawe ,jonga bhabha ndithethile notata kodwa andikakamcaciseli ncam ngawe ,ndisezo phozisa amaseko ngalento yam nawe ,ndifuna nje ube nomonde Mbali ,ndiyakucela(Shhhh don't make noise ,look baby I told my father about you but I didn't get into details ,I still need more time about telling him about us ,just be patient Mbali , please)
Mbali:Hayi Zingisa umonde wani?ngikukhethile ngikhethe nawe(No Zingisa patience for what?I chose you so choose me too)
Zingisa:Andizukwazi Mbali ,andinokwazi ukushiya usapho lwam nje(I cant Mbali ,I can't just leave my family)
Mbali:You're kidding right?I left mine for you ,I chose you no matter the circumstances ,I knew very well that my father is going to kick me out of my home but no ,I chose you because I love you ,now when you need to do the same thing for me you're failing ,you make it seem like I didn't have much of a choice in staying with my parents ,yes I always wanted to leave my home but not like this ,I'm asking for marriage you fail to give me that ,I'm asking you to choose me and run away with me you're telling me about your stupid family ,yes I understand that family comes first but remember your family don't want you to be happy as long as your father is still blocking our relationship ,you can't depend on him because when you do so you ain't going to be happy with me (Sighed)Not unless you don't want this relationship thing ,let's not forget that you're married ,so I chose you even though I knew very well you have wives not a wife ,wives Zingisa! ,do you have children Zingisa?no!but still you are jailed in a marriage you are not happy in but it's hard for you to choose me and you busy telling me about family meanwhile I left mine for you ,foolish right!?
Zingisa:(Held both of my hands)Yhoo s'thandwa sam uxolo ukuba uziva ngalohlobo ,ndicela ungathethi kanje ,hayi ukuba ndithi angeke ndikukhethe kodwa angeke sikwazi ukulahla usapho lwethu sobabini ,siyathandana mna nawe ndifuna abantu bethu bayiqonde lo nto ,andifuni sisoloko sizifihlile kodwa ke ndiphe nje ixesha bhabha angeke uzisole ndiyakuthembisa(Yhoo my love I'm sorry that you feel that way ,please don't speak like that ,it's not like I'm not going to choose you but we can't both leave our families ,we are in love and I want our families to understand that ,I don't want us to hide any longer but please give me some time baby you won't regret it I promise)
No this guy always know what to say and how to calm me down ,what he's saying is making sense to be honest ,we just need a little bit of time then everything is going to be okay and besides maybe his family is more nicer than mine ,maybe ,just maybe his father will accept me and I can be married with the love of my life.
Mbali:Mmmh
Zingisa:Haa kodwa s'thandwa ,ndicela usebenzise amagama xa undiphendula yhini(Haa love ,please use words when you answer me please)
Mbali:I said okay ,goodnight I'm sleeping (I rested my body on the bed)
Zingisa:Rha ,rha ,rha vuka Mbali ,angeke ulale kwezongubo unuka iqaqa nje ,ima ndikulandele amanzi uhlambe ,ndizakunika iimpahla zika Zimkhitha(Euw ,euw ,euw wake up Mbali ,you won't sleep in those blankets smelling like a skunk ,wait let me get you some water so that you can bath and I will give you Zimkhitha's clothes)
I just laughed at him and his statement ,no this guy is funny even when he's serious ,so I got up and sat up straight.
Mbali: Wubani uZimkhitha manje?hayi cha uyangijwayela Zingisa , isibindi onaso sokufuna ukunginika izimpahla zomfazi wakho usithathaphi?(Who's Zimkhitha now?no you're getting dirty with me Zingisa ,where did you get the nerve to offer me your wife's clothes?)
Zingisa:(Laughed out loud)Yhoo hayi Mbali ,kutheni undihlekisa oluhlobo?asoze ndenze loo nto kuwe mna ,uZimkhitha ngudade wam kwaye niyalingana ngomzimba(Yhoo no Mbali ,why are you making me laugh like that?I wouldn't do something like that to you ,Zimkhitha is my young sister and besides she has the same weight as you)
Mbali:(I also laughed)Ohhh ngiyaxolisa bengithi uZimkhitha omunye wabafazi bakho ,cishe ngakubulala mina(Ohhh I'm so sorry I thought Zimkhitha is one of your wives ,I almost killed you)
Zingisa:Mxm ubungandibulala nyani wena Bhabha ,umhle nje felefele ngoba yeyyy intliziyo le yakho ingcolile kodwa ke ibethela mna ndodwa(Mxm you are capable of doing that baby ,you're pretty but you have a cold heart but then it only beats for me)
Mbali:(I blushed and looked down)Yeah ,yes it does
Zingisa then played with my cheeks and stood up and got out ,I guess he went to fetch water and clothes as I'll be bathing so that I can get inside the blankets ,but still fear is attacking me over and over again ,I'm no longer safe people and I can't hide forever ,I lost contact with Lihle and lost my kingdom ,I do want to retrieve it from my father but I can't , he's my father afterall but I am capable of killing him but something in me is erasing that thought ,meanwhile Zingisa haven't told his father about me ,this is taking long people ,I want a sure thing but as long as I'm happy and safe then I'm good.Wait people ,will I be comfortable in bathing while Zingisa is looking at me?no this can't be happening but it's cool man I mean he knows my body afterall.I said a little prayer in my heart ,for protection throughout the night and guidance.