Narrator#3

Mhlongo's place
Menzi got home ,he was so disappointed and wished he never told Mbali how he feels about her ,this was just an ideal thing to him ,what hurts the most to him was that he really loved Mbali and wanted to marry her so bad .Menzi went to sit with his other siblings (Mandisa ,Lwazi and Hlelo) ,those were his half siblings ,he was second last born but he was his mother's first and last born. Mandisa was the first born in their father ,Hlelo was the second born ,then it was Menzi ,the last born was Lwazi .
Mandisa:Wamuncu nje kwenze njan?(why are you so down?)(she laughed and their siblings did the same too)
Menzi:She doesn't love me ,she doesn't want to marry me(He took a sit and gazed at the fire that they were all surrounding ,Lwazi and Hlelo stood up and left Mandisa and Menzi alone)
Mandisa:Le Ntombi yakwa Ndlovu?(That girl from the Ndlovu's?)
Menzi:Yes (tear drops fell down his cheeks slowly ,he started playing with his fingers ,went quiet for a while ,took a deep breath)I really love her ,I really want her ,I really want to get married to her Mandisa
Mandisa:Beningathandani kanti?(weren't you guys in a relationship?)
Menzi:Cha(No) ,but after that hug she gave me ,I thought she is in love with me too ,but no my mind was playing games with me ,this was just a friendly hug ,now I pushed her away ,I ruined this by asking for her hand in marriage this soon
Mandisa:Ungakhali phela ,indoda ayikhali(Don't cry though ,a man doesn't cry)
Menzi: Ngenzeni Mandisa?huh?ngihleke?nakhona uke wayibona kuphi indoda eyivaka kanjena?(What should I do Mandisa?huh?should I laugh?and besides where have you seen a coward of a man like this?)(His voice was loud ,he was shouting not because of what Mandisa said ,but because he thought he lost the love of his life and that he was so heart broken ,the pain was unbearable)
Mandisa:Hayibo ungalwi(The hell?don't fight)But did she tell you that she doesn't love you or you are just assuming?
Menzi:Yho leslima sentombazane!(Omg this idiot of a girl)Why on earth would I assume something like this?huh?why would I?she said that straight to my face Mandisa!Into ebizwa ngengqondo uyayiswela yezwa sisi ,uyezwa!!!?(This thing called a brain you're in need of it do you hear me sister ,do you hear me?!!!!)(He stood up and left Mandisa all by herself)
Mandisa:Hayibo lengane(The hell?this child)
After hearing Menzi's words ,the other siblings went back to the fire and asked Mandisa about what just happened ,Mandisa didn't explain to them ,she thought what they were talking about was confidential ,but she was shocked of how Menzi replied to her and he never did that before but she knew from then that Menzi was deeply hurt about the rejection .

After Mbali woke up ,she realised that it was late ,she then took her spear and travelled back home .She got home when people were fast asleep ,when she entered the hut ,she found her mother already there ,she was so irritated but she remained calm ,put her spear away ,and sat down .
Ma:Mntanam ?(my child)(she was heart broken about how things were between them after the menzi incident ,she was humbled)
Mbali: where's lihle?
Ma:Usendlini yokudla(Kitchen hut) ,abantu bakwa Njomane bebesivakashele manje ,basitshelile ngaloku okwenze kuMenzi(The Mhlongo family was here today ,they told us about what you did to Menzi)
Mbali:Oh ,ncela ungiphumela ke Ma(Oh can you please excuse me mom)
Ma:Mbali you have to marry menzi ,it's a must ,I'm done begging you now ,you are going to marry menzi , tomorrow we are sending a child to the Njomane's and organise a wedding ,I'm done with you ,I'm so fed up with your attitude Mbalenhle Ndlovu!.
Mbali:Don't you dare raise your voice meanwhile you're the one who's wrong(she stood up)how is it a must?I know I have a choice ma so don't tell me that ,with your all due respect ma please get out (she was so calm ,it was so unlike her ,because Mbali is short tempered ,that place gave her the peace she really needed)
Ma:Mbali if you don't do this ,it's over for us ,our land won't be brought back into our hands ,the Mhlongo's will take back their soldiers ,and once we lose battles ,wars ,the chiefancy will vanish ,you won't become the queen you are meant to be(She stood up and cane closer to her)Think about this Mbali
She then walked out the door .Mbali thought about this ,and she came up with a decision of marrying Menzi ,she became selfless ,then she said a little prayer to her heart and asked God and his brother Mangaliso for guidance .After a while ,Lihle walked in ,Mbali just told lihle everything then they went to bed ,but this time they slept closer to each other ,which simply means that Mbali wasn't feeling quite well as she was overthinking the whole situation . Mbali then said to herself ,maybe Menzi is my true love if God can easily make this happen .