Narrator#10

Bala's place
Dumile made breakfast for his son and went to his hut to serve him with the food ,well this was a family of 2 ,Dumile and his son ,Ayabonga.
Dumile:Vuka Ayabonga kwedini!(Wake up Ayabonga)
Ayabonga:Ndivukile tata bendisacinga mna nje qha(I'm awake dad ,I was just thinking that's it)
Dumile:(Handed Ayabonga his bowl of soft porridge and sat next to him) Kwezintsuku uhlala ucinga nyana ,yintoni le uyicinga kangaka?(These days you're always thinking son ,what are you thinking?)
Ayabonga:Hayi tata khonto itheni(No dad it's nothing huge)
Dumile:Ayabonga!thetha nam nyana(Talk to me son)
Ayabonga:(Sat up straight)Ndiyazi ndikubuze Kakhulu ngalento ka mama kodwa ndisenemibuzo ngomama tata(I know I asked you enough about mom but I still have more questions about my mom dad)
Dumile:(His heart broke because he saw that this matter doesn't sit well with his son ,he wanted to tell him the truth so bad but he couldn't)Yintoni le ofuna ukuyazi nyana?(What is it that you want to know son?)
Ayabonga:Yonke into Tata(Everything dad)
Dumile:Thetha ndimamele Bonga (Speak I am listening Bonga)
Ayabonga:Umama wasweleka njani tata?(How did my mother die?)
Dumile:I thought I answered that question before son ,why do you have to ask me this repeatedly?
Ayabonga:Tata ndiyakucela ,ndicela undiphendule(Dad please ,may you please answer me)
Dumile:Kulungile nyana ,wagula wasweleka(It's okay son ,she got sick then she  died)
Ayabonga:You see!You don't tell me everything ,you can't answer me like that dad ,I want to know everything ,from how to when and where ,why and what ,I want the whole story!
Dumile:Fine! Umama wakho xa kegqiba ukuzala wena ,wagula ,andiyazi lento wayephethwe yiyo nyana kodwa wavela sekesehla emzimbeni ,esoloko ekhohlela ,akhonto bendingayizami ukwenzele ukuba alunge kodwa akhonto eyasebenza nyana ,emva kweveki ukhona wasweleka ke(After she gave birth to you she got sick ,I don't know what she was diagnosed with son but she just lost weight and coughed more often ,I tried everything to save her from that but nothing worked son ,then after a week you were born she just died)
Ayabonga:(Tears fell down at his cheeks)She died because of me........I'm the cause
Dumile:Hayi hayi hayi nyana ,ayonguwe ,ungalinge ucinge lonto nyana ,bekufike ixesha (No ,no , no son ,it's not you ,don't you dare think like that son ,her time had come)
Ayabonga:Hayi tata!!(No dad!!)
Dumile:Ayabonga hayi!!(Ayabonga no!!)
Ayabonga:(Wiped his tears)Nanitshatile?(Were you guys married?)
Dumile:Uhmm........eish....Uhm....ewe(Yes)
Ayabonga:Kutheni uvakala ingathi awunaso isiqinisekiso?(Why do you sound like you ain't sure?)
Dumile:Ndithe ewe Ayabonga(I said yes Ayabonga)
Ayabonga:Ngubani igama lakhe?(What's her name?)
Dumile: Hayi Bonga ubuza kakhulu ngoku(No Bonga you're asking a lot of questions now)
Ayabonga:Tata phendula(Answer me dad)
Dumile:Wayengu Nozizwe Bala(She was Nozizwe Bala)
Ayabonga:Ndifuna ukwazi ifani yakhe yamanyani Tata(I want to know her real surname)
Dumile:Hayi Ayabonga uzayenza ntoni?(No Ayabonga what are you going to do with it?)
Ayabonga:Tata!(Dad!)
Dumile:Ndiyilibele ifani yakhe mna(I forgot her surname)
Ayabonga: Hayi ithi uyadlala ,bububhanxa lento undixelela Yona tata ,akhonto injalo apha ,ikhona lento ungafuni kundixelela yona tata kwaye ndizakuyifumana(No tell me you're kidding ,you're telling me utter rubbish dad ,there's no such ,there's something you're not telling me here dad and I'm going to find it)
Dumile:Imbeko nyana ,imbeko ,awunaw'thi ndithetha ububhanxa Ayabonga ndiyakuzala(Respect son , respect ,you can't tell me that I'm talking rubbish Ayabonga I'm your father)
Ayabonga:Uxolo tata kodwa ikhona lento ongandixeleli yona(Sorry dad but there's something that you're not telling me)
Dumile:Mxm uyaphambana wena Khathi ndikushiye(Mxm you're crazy ,let me leave you)
Ayabonga:Bendisazi ukuba uzakuhamba gwala(I knew that you're going to walk away coward)
Ayabonga was ready to investigate about his mother ,his gut was telling him that there's more to this story and that his mother was alive ,luckily he was going to meet Zimkhitha who appears to be his girlfriend recently ,she is his last hope ,he'll try to get more information from her.Then Dumile on the other side was stressed out ,he knew that his story didn't make any sense and that pushes him to meet Sindiswa and tell her about this ,maybe it can help ,but eventually it will since Sindiswa wants to meet his son after so many years and try fix her relationship with her son no matter the cost ,she didn't care anymore ,she just wanted to be in her child's life.As Dumile promised Sindiswa that he'll meet with her in the place they first saw each other in ,and which will come as a shock to  you as a reader is that ,that very same place is the place where Zingisa and Mbali meet in ,that peaceful place.And the tree that they love to lie under and take naps there ,is written D+S ,D for Dumile ,S for Sindiswa ,to them at that time ,the tree belonged to them and that sign was still there but Mbali and Zingisa never noticed them.The two met and it was very awkward in that moment ,one didn't know what to say to the other and same applies to the other even though they both know what made them meet.
Dumile: Sindi
Sindi:Dumile
Dumile:Sinengxaki Sindi ,uAya ubuza kakhulu ngonina Lo unguwe(We have a problem Sindi , Aya is asking a lot about his mother who is you)
Sindi:Kanti wena umtsheleni ngami?(What did you tell him about me?)
Dumile:Everything I wished it happened to you(His face suddenly changed ,he had a straight face on)
Sindi:And that is?(Her face looked very puzzled but she prayed that it isn't a bad wish)
Dumile:That you died after you gave birth!
Sindi:Oh(Her heart just broke after hearing this because how could Dumile be so heartless and that she really didn't think Dumile could say such a thing to her)
Dumile:Undibizele ntoni apha Sindiswa?(What did you call me here for Sindiswa?)
Sindi:I want to see our son Dumile ,I want to be there for him
Dumile:Why now Sindiswa?After so many years ,you choose to come now , pathetic
Sindi:After seeing you ,after seeing him ,I realised many things(Held Dumile's hand and brushed them)I now see ,uthando lwangempela ngilushiye emuva ,nengane yethu uyamdinga unina(I left real love behind ,and our child needs his mother)
Dumile:(Removed his hands)Uthini apha kum Sindi?!(What are you saying to me Sindiswa?)
Sindi:Ngithi kuwe ngicela ukubakhona empilweni yakho neka Aya(I'm asking to be in your life and in Aya's life too)
Dumile:Uyanya Sindiswa uyeva?,uyanya!!emva kweminyaka emingaka sikudinga ,uzobuya ngoku!!!ushiywa zingqondo rha!(You're talking shit Sindiswa do you hear me?you're talking shit!!after so many years needing you ,you want to be there now!!!)
Sindi:Ngicela uhlise umoya Dumile ngiyak'cela (May you please calm down Dumile ,I beg you)
Dumile: Uyanya tyhini!!!(You're talking shit geez!!!)
Sindi:(Tears fell from her cheek ,her hands too were shaking)Please Dumile , please
Dumile:(He looked at her and came a bit closer to her ,held her left hand)Ndiyaxolisa ,masihlale phantsi ndikukuphe amanzi yeva?(I'm sorry ,let's sit down and I'll bring you water)
Sindiswa just nodded and Dumile fetched some water for her and gave it to her ,she drank the water.
Dumile:I'm so sorry ,I forgot that you break down everytime when someone hurts you nor raises their voices when talking to you ,I'm sorry(He said that in a calmer voice)
Sindi:(Wiped her tears)I understand ,you were angry
Dumile:I still am but I have to compromise ,are you okay now?do you feel any better?
Sindi:Yebo ,bengisacela sikhulume ngaye uAyabonga bandla (Yes ,may we please talk about Ayabonga)
Dumile:What do you want to know about him?
Sindi:How old is he now?(She gave Dumile a pale smile)
Dumile:Ufuna ukumbona?(Do you want to see him?)
Sindi:Ngingakujabulela loko(I'd be glad to)
Dumile:Kodwa(But) on one condition
Sindi:Konje wena nemigomo nemibandela , usufunani manje?(You like to give out terms and conditions ,what do you want now?)
Dumile:If I was still in love with you I would've laughed at this ,kodwa ke ndicela ungamxeleli ukuba ungunina wakhe(But then please don't tell him that you're his mother)
Sindi: Ngobani?(Why?)
Dumile:Just do it Sindi
Sindi:But I want him to know that I'm his mother Dumile
Dumile:He'll eventually figure that out , relax
He then helped her up since it's hard to get up in her situation ,when she got up she saw the sign ,D+S ,written in that old tree and she stole a glance at Dumile ,who saw it way before she even saw it ,and he didn't feel anything ,he just got bored immediately because he really got heartbroken when Sindi chose another man over him even though Sindi didn't have any choice left but she still loves Dumile with all her heart ,but she knows deep down that there's no chance of them getting back together.They went to Dumile's house and found Ayabonga not there ,and they decided to wait for him to come back
Sindi:Ukuphi?(Where is he?)
Dumile:Inoba usentombini yakhe ,uzobuya kungekudala(Maybe he's with his girlfriend ,he'll be back soon)
Sindi:Oh okay then
Dumile:Indoda yakho icinga ukuba uphi?(Where did you tell your man you're going to?)
Sindi:UTau?Naye nje loyo angimazi nokuthi ukuphi(Tau?I don't even know where he is)
Dumile:Hayi nihamba nitshata yazi(No you guys marry who ever)