Mbali#4

I woke up late ,as usual .I slept late yesterday thinking about what may happen if I don't marry Menzi and what my heart desires ,but I have to be selfless this time ,because it isn't like I'm already in love with someone else nor having someone waiting on me .While I was in my deepest thoughts ,Lihle petted my thigh .
Lihle:Ubonakala ucabanga nzulu ,ucabangani?(you look like you're deep in thoughts ,what are you thinking?)(She said that sitting next to me)
Mbali:Ngicabanga lento eshiwo wu Ma(I'm thinking of the thing that mom said to me)
Lihle:Mbali uyafuna ukuyenza lento?Uma inhliziyo yakho ikutshela ukuthi ungayenzi ,musa ukuyenza ke ,ngoba uma ungashada noMenzi uzozisola uma wenzela abantu(Mbali do you want to do this?If your heart tells you that don't do it ,then don't do it ,because you'll regret marrying menzi if you do that for people)
Ma:She doesn't have any choice ,she has to do this (My mom said that after she walked in ,which means she heard my conversation with Lihle ,and what does she mean by saying this?)
Mbali:Ma?uneskhathi esingakanani ume lapho ,nakhona uzama ukuthini mawuthi angina choice?(Mom?How long have you been standing there ,and what are you trying to say when you say I don't have a choice?)
Ma:Mbali your father told Menzi's family that you'll think about this ,but sweetheart if you don't do this ,your father will have to kick you out of the kingdom if he loses everything because of you(she seemed sad after saying this)
I can't believe my father would disown me because of the loss of wealth that I may cause ,I mean I'm like an heir here ,since I do everything for the kingdom ,this kingdom has became my priority as I've been putting it first ,when I have to put myself first I'm being disowned by my own people ,this is just over me ,it's so clear that I really don't have a choice in this ,I have to do what they want me to do ,I'll marry Menzi ,whether I like it or not ,but looking at the bright side ,Menzi is a loving person ,supportive ,you name it ,and well maybe I'll learn to love a person for the very first time ,I'll learn to love him along the way ,maybe even bare kids for him .So I didn't reply to my mother's response ,i just went silent till she broke the silence .
Ma:Lihle ,I need your help in something (Lihle stood up without asking and went to help my mom with something she was about to talk about ,my mother followed her)
As Lihle brought me soft porridge ,I ate it ,I decided to firstly go to Menzi and tell him my final decision ,I mean their final decision ,because I wouldn't even do this in the after life , Menzi is not the one for me ,I can feel it in my bones .I ate my breakfast and took the bowl to the kitchen hut and washed it ,my father walked in ,I'm not in the mood to talk to him .
Gatsheni:Sawubona nkosazana(Hello princess)(He was smiling at me ,then asked me to wash his bowl and I did just that)
Mbali:Yebo baba(yes dad)
After washing his bowl ,I walked out ,and bathed my beautiful self ,wore my cow skin clothing and went to the Mhlongo's .When I arrived there I found Mandisa and Sizwe talking ,I greeted them ,Mandisa just gave me a nasty look .
Mandisa:Ngiyasivuma isibindi sakho we Ntombi yakwa Ndlovu ,usufanani ke la kulamagceke akwa Mhlongo?(I love your bravery Ndlovu girl ,what do you want in the Mhlongo yard?)
She was angry ,I guess menzi told him about our conversation ,so it's understandable for her to talk to me like that but she have no right ,this matter is about me and his brother and doesn't include her at all ,but I remained humble and calm ,gave her a straight face ,no smiles ,no nothing .Sizwe was just standing there ,not saying anything because he knows his place obviously
Mbali:Is Menzi around?
Mandisa:Umfunani?(what do you want from him?)(she was still loud)
Mbali:Is Menzi around?(I was still firm to my question ,I don't owe her response after she was just this mean to me without even knowing what is going on)
Mandisa:Cha ,akekho ,hamba ke!(No he isn't around ,leave then)
After saying this ,she continued talking to Sizwe ,I just walked away .On my way home I saw Menzi walking around with Lwazi .
Mbali:Menzi!Menzi!(I ran towards them and greeted them both)
Lwazi:Sawubona sis'Mbali (he then turned to menzi) uzong'bona endlini bafo (Hello sister Mbali ,you'll find me at home brother)
He left us ,I didn't even know where to start but I have to talk
Menzi:Uzongikhamisela noma uzokhuluma lento ofuna ukuyikhuluma?(You will continue staring at me or you'll start saying what you want to say?)(Okay that was rude but he had every right to say this and in that manner ,his face was straight and he seemed annoyed ,it was my first time seeing him like that)
Mbali:I'll marry you Menzi ,I love you too(I just faked a smile ,and intended to hug him then he took a step back)
Menzi:(he still had a straight face on)why now?
Mbali: Ngiyak'thanda Menzi (I love you Menzi)
Menzi:I'm not asking you that ,what changed your mind Mbali?
Mbali:Ncela sihlale phantsi sikhulume kahle(Can we please sit down and talk in a proper manner)
We went to sit near some tree ,I didn't know what to say to him ,I mean I'm even lying that I love him and I want to get married to him already ,I can't explain lies ,but I will try and give him non-existant truth ,I always sugarcoat lies with that word so don't be shocked
Mbali:When you told me that yesterday ,I felt overwhelmed ,it was too much to take in because I've never been in a relationship before.................I..I...thought about your proposal and........and...I ......I will marry you Menzi ..........and Uhm......uhmm you're the only man I love...........so yeah(I hope I sounded genuine ,I then looked down ,that's what I always do when I lie)
He just came closer to me ,lifted my head high ,and gave me an eye contact ,held my left hand and his other hand on my face ,I just felt so uncomfortable with what was happening and I was wishing that he wouldn't kiss me ,I don't want my first kiss to feel that way and I don't want it to be with someone I don't have romantic feelings for ,but I have to act as if I'm in love ,for the sake of my family ,my kingdom and my legacy
Menzi:Ngiyabonga Mbali ,ngiyathembisa ukuthi ngizok'nakekela(Thank you Mbali ,I promise you that I'll take care of you)(He just continued gazing at my eyes and attempted to kiss me then I looked away ,he kissed my cheek in that process ,I gave him a shyly smile and took a step back)
Menzi:Yini awufuni ukung'qabula Mbali?(you don't wanna kiss me Mbali?)(he said that laughing)
Mbali:I'm not ready for that yet ,and besides it's too early for us to do so ,I'm going home(I smiled at him and gave him a friendly hug and left him there)
Worst decision I've ever made in my life .I went to my secret place ,where I used to go when I want to rewind ,I just sat under my favourite tree ,took an apple from the tree and ate it ,I wish Mangaliso was here ,he'd protect me from what my parents are suggesting ,what they are forcing me to do ,I have to marry a person I don't even love ,and bear children for him ,I will have to make children with no love within me with him ,I can't .......it hurts so much ,they are forcing me ,I just feel so betrayed .After telling myself that I cried ,then wiped my own tears and took a deep breath and took a nap .

I woke up late ,it is dark ,I went back home feeling very numb ,I found my family gathered in the fire ,eating their dinner ,I took my plate too and went to my hut ,I'm so not in the mood for them .Lihle came in ,this one is always concerned about me ,I love her
Lihle:Wozo hlala nathi (Come sit with us)
Mbali:Chaa ,ngi right lana Nolihle (No ,I'm fine here Nolihle)(I smiled at her)
Lihle:Okay I'll stay with you here (She took a sit next to me and started digging into her food too)Where were you?these days you come back late and you seem like you were crying what's wrong Mbalenhle?(she held my face and my hand and started brushing them ,she looked very concerned)
Mbali:I wasn't crying ,I was asleep ,it doesn't matter where I come from ,here I am ,don't be worried about a warrior Lihle(I gave her a fake smile and continued eating my food)
Lihle:Okay ,if you say so (She then gave me a tight hug and broke it off)Let me get back to the others
She stood up and left me there ,all alone ,I just put my plate near my bed and went to sleep.