Mbali#5

It's been a month since I've been married to Menzi .He's been treating me well and I am learning to love him which is a good thing .My brother Mangaliso visits me in my dreams from time to time .But we haven't touched as in like having sex ,I'm still a virgin ,it just doesn't feel right having sex with him yet ,but yeah we have kissed ,maybe twice ever since we got married but the kiss is not it I can say ,even though I never kissed a boy before but no this is not how people explain this or maybe it's because I'm a bad kisser?I would never know.What bores me is that I have to wake up in the morning ,and I'm not used to that people but hey ,I'm getting used to serving people and not splashing blood anymore and I miss doing that ,as I was deep in thoughts ,Menzi kissed my neck ,it cringes me but hey he's my husband afterall.
Menzi:S'thandwa sam(my love)you have to wake up now and make breakfast for your husband(He said that in a sleepy voice and yet he kissed my neck again)
Mbali:Njomane ngiyazi (Njomane I know) ,but there is something I want to ask you
Menzi:And that is?
Mbali:I wanna hunt again and be the Mbali I was before wedlock ,I'll continue doing my duties as your wife but I want to be adventurous again
Menzi:I thought we talked about this Mbali ,ngithe cha(I said no) ,I don't know why you keep on pushing this ,my answer is still no even if you try sugercoating this ,I say NO! ,you should be thinking about us having kids ,kodwa hayi Ntombi yakwa Ndlovu wena uzifunela ukuchitha igazi(But no Ndlovu girl ,you want to spill blood)(his voice was calm after saying this ,he stood up ,wore some clothes and went outside)
This life is boring I tell you and who said I want to have kids with him?I don't like this Husband Menzi ,no he's too strict and whether I like it or not ,I have to obey him which I hate to do ,as I was in deep thoughts ,my mother in law walked in
MaMhlongo:Indoda ikuvukela kuqala ,hayi Ntombi Vuka vuka!angeke ngivusane nawe njalo ngathi uyingane(A man wakes up before you ,no girl wake up ,wake up !I won't continue waking you up as if you are a child)
Mbali:(I just looked at her as she stepped away from my hut ,this woman is boring hey) Yhoooooooo!!
I woke up and cleaned my hut first then I went to the kitchen hut to make breakfast ,I found Mandisa there ,well she still doesn't want me here but I don't care ,I greeted her and she just stepped out.

After eating soft porridge ,a kid walked up to me .
Boy:Sawubona ingaba wuwe inkosazana yakwa Ndlovu?(Greetings ,are you the Ndlovu princess?)
Mbali:Ziningi iinkosazana zakwa Ndlovu mfana ,ukhuluma ngamuphi?(There are a lot of princesses in the Ndlovu's boy ,who are you referring to?)
Boy:Mbali Mhlongo
Mbali:Ukhuluma naye(You are speaking to her)What did they send you?(I really don't like messages people but whatever)
Boy:Ugog' Gatsheni uyagula ,inkosi uGatsheni uyakucela ngokuphazima kweso nkosazana(Grandma Gatsheni is sick ,the king Gatsheni needs you urgently princess)
Mbali:(My heart was beating fast ,I couldn't even breathe properly)Repeat what you said ?my grandma is what?
Boy:I'm leaving now ,bye princess(he then left me there)
I think menzi saw me having a panic attack and he came with water towards me and made me drink
Menzi:Yini s'thandwa?(what's wrong love?)(he kept on brushing my back gently so)
I briefed the whole story to him and he gave me permission to go home for as long as my grandma gets well ,he then informed his family about what transpired as I went to take my clothes preparing to go .And I went home .
When I got there ,Lihle ran to me and gave me the warmest hug ,she had tears in her eyes ,I never saw her crying like that before.
Mbali:Shhhhh ,don't cry it's going to be okay(I said brushing her back while I was also crying )
She just went silent and took my baggage and we went to my grandma's hut ,seeing my grandma in that situation breaks my heart ,it hurts ,I just kept on crying silently and looked away ,my mother brushed my back comforting me while my father was comforting Lihle
Mbali:Ukuphi omunye?(Where's the other one)(I was referring to my other sibling)
Ma:Sindiswa ukhona ulele ,phela sekazoba nengane (Sindiswa is asleep ,she's expecting)
Mbali:Ohhh let me go check up on her(I went to her hut ,well she's the eldest Ndlovu ,she got married to The Sotho's 2 years back ,I never saw her ever since)
I found her crying there ,i went and sat next to her ,comforting her
Sindiswa: Kub'hlungu (It hurts)
I just went silent ,I'm not used to Sindi ,so I just went silent while brushing her back
Sindiswa:Let's join the others
I just stood up and she held my hand ,we went back to my grandma's hut
Gogo:Mbali(Her voice was croaky ,she is sick)
I went to kneel before her
Gogo:Ngicela ukukhuluma noMbali eyedwa(May I speak to Mbali alone)
They just nodded and got out of the hut
Mbali:Gogo uzizwa unjan?(How are you feeling grandma)
Gogo:Mbali (coughs) Mbali mzukulu wami (Mbali my granddaughter) no matter what happens ,choose love ,always ,but you choosing love from now on ,needs you to be strong than now ,even if you know it's going to tear some apart ,choose love ,and choose you always ,what do Mbali want?(coughs)He is.......(she just went silent ,I shook her calling out her name)
I cried so loud ,the others walked in and comforted me while others were also crying .I stood up and went to my hut ,I needed some time alone .My mother walked in and told me that we are going to announce the death to the others .

Day after my grandmother was buried ,I had to go back to my in laws .But I will go tomorrow ,I just want to be closer to my grandma as much as possible ,and ever since her death I've been sleeping in her hut ,I felt closer to her .I woke up from her bed and found a bowl full of porridge next to me ,I started digging in ,ever since my grandmother's burial ,I've been silent ,I never spoke to my husband either ,I just wanted to be alone ,because it hurts and it still hurts .After eating ,I bathed ,wore my cheetah skin clothing ,and went to my secret place just to rewind.I didn't understand why do I lose the people I love the most like this ,and now I'm praying for Lihle to stay longer than they did and also ,my mother ,maybe and Sindiswa too ,I mean she has been kind and we grew closer together even though I've been serving her silent treatments because of what transpired but I really grew some love for her but she already went back to her in laws but maybe I will visit her or maybe she will since she promised me after she left .When I arrived there ,I took a deep breath ,and sat under my favourite tree and took an apple from the tree and ate it ,I decided to take a nap afterwards.