Mbali#7

I got home late ,and went straight to my grandmother's hut ,rested on her bed and said a little prayer to my heart till someone disturbed my peace
Person:Knock ,knock(I recognised the voice and it was Nolihle)
Mbali:(I turned to look at her and smiled)Ngena(Come in)
Lihle:You always come late these days ,I hope you don't do that to the Njomane's(She smirked)
Mbali:(Laughed)Chaa Lihle ,angikwenzi loko mangile ,kwamele ngimhloniphe uMenzi phela(No I don't do that when I'm there ,I have to respect menzi)
Lihle:(Laughed a little bit)Mawusho ,bowuyephi vele?nakhona uzizwa unjani dade?(If you say so ,where do you come from?and how do you feel?)
Mbali:(Took a huge sigh ,paused ,and started talking)I come from somewhere ,a place better than a home ,a place to rewind and find peace ,Uhm..........about how I'm feeling ,I don't know Lihle(Sat up straight and looked down)I feel so at peace but I'm not happy at all but it all takes time to digest things like these
Lihle:Ngiyakuzwa ntombi ,manje Wena noMenzi?(I hear you girl ,so you and menzi?)
Mbali:(Let out a huge sigh)Hayi cha mina uMenzi uyangibhora nje(No Menzi bores me)
Lihle:(Laughed out loud)Uthini kumina Mbali?Bengicabanga ukuthi uyamthanda manje(What are you telling me?I thought you love him now)
Mbali:I think I was falling in love with him till today ,I feel a change in my emotions ,feelings and heart ,I don't know the cause but I feel some change in me.
Lihle:What do you mean when you say till today Mbali?Did something bad happen?(She looked concerned)
Mbali:Cha akwenzakalanga lutho olubi(No ,nothing bad happened)
Lihle:Then what do you mean?
Mbali:Angazi nam ukuthi kwenzakalani Lihle kepha uMenzi aksuyena umaqondana wam ngiyizwa egazini(I don't know too about what's happening with me Lihle but Menzi is not the one for me ,I can feel it in my blood)
Lihle:Maybe the death of our grandmother you haven't healed from it ,maybe that's why you feel a sudden change associated with your feelings Mbali
Mbali:Maybe ,mina seng'funa ukulala manje ngikhathele ntombi (I wanna sleep now ,I'm tired girl)
Lihle:(Laughing)Unje konje wena mawung'xosha(You're like this when you're kicking me out)
Mbali:(I laughed as well ,I just love this girl)Cha(No)
Lihle said her goodbyes and went back to her hut I think ,I just thought about this day and smiled at the name I was given by that prince ,I can't recall his name but his name has a letter Z in it ,even though I was scared but atleast I came back alive and I am eager in going to that place again ,it's my place to rewind ,maybe today was just a coincidence because I always go there and find no one ,and this man told me about that place is in his kingdom and he was Xhosa too ,I could tell by the language he was speaking in before he could even tell me his details ,maybe this is my chance of avenging my brother to those bloody people ,maybe it's a clue ,I can get familiar with the place and tell my father about it tomorrow night because in the afternoon I'll be getting more familiar with it so it can make it easy to attack them in their own home and destroy their filthy kingdom.After thinking so deeply and coming out with plans ,plan A ,plan B ,you know it ,I decided to sleep since I was very tired.

I woke up and decided to go to the kitchen hut and make myself soft porridge ,I found my mother there ,and I just greeted her ,well me and her ain't close like we were back in the days since she and my father did what they did to me about the marriage thing with Menzi.
Ma:Are you okay sweetheart?(She held my hand)
Mbali:Yes.......Uhm.....where's Lihle?(I removed my hand)
I don't tell my mother anything anymore regarding what's happening in my life ,and how I feel about certain things especially about how I feel ,she showed me that she doesn't care about my feelings and emotions by agreeing to me getting married to someone I don't even love ,I don't trust anyone now ,I have no one ,but with Lihle it's different ,I trust her a little bit ,I don't tell her everything ,I only tell her things that are visible ,things that she notices and explain to her ,I can't be telling Lihle everything meanwhile I don't know anything about her ,she's too private.So I entered her hut and I found her eating soft porridge and I went to sit next to her.
Mbali:Bathi uyagula(I heard that you're sick)
Lihle:I just caught a flu nothing much(She didn't look sick though)
Mbali:Okay then
Lihle:Uzobuyela nini kwakho?(When are you going back to your in laws?)
Mbali:Hayi cha mina angifuni ukubuyela lapha(No no I don't want to go back there)
Lihle:(She laughed at what I just said)Ngobani?
Mbali:I just don't want to go back there
Lihle:(Laughed again)But on a serious note  you have to go back to your in laws whether you like it or not
Mbali:Why though?
Lihle:If you don't go back to your in laws they will tell our family and fight them because of you again ,then that fight will lead to the family losing everything because of you and you'll live with guilt if you won't be kicked out by our father
Mbali:(She has a good point there but I really don't want to go there but I will ,maybe tomorrow)Fine Lihle ,let me spend one more night here
Lihle:Okay then ,let me leave you(She then stood up after saying that)
Mbali:Wait ,uyaphi?(Where are you going?)
Lihle:(Her eyes popped out like a chicken that is being chased)Uhm......somewhere
Mbali:Somewhere ,where?
Lihle:Hayi cha Mbali ngiyeke ,uhlulwa ezakho unakane nezam(No no Mbali leave me alone ,you don't know how to deal with your problems ,you busy snooping around mine)
Mbali:(I just laughed at her response ,you see ,Lihle is secretive)Okay fine hamba ,usuyajola wena(Okay fine go ,you're dating now)
Lihle:Ngiyahamba vele(Yes I'm leaving)
She walked out and went wherever she was going but one thing for sure ,Lihle is dating and I'm going to find the person she's dating with.Well I got kinda bored plus Lihle went to ’somewhere’ ,so I decided to go to my favourite place in the world.When I arrived there I found that man ,well I forgot his name but I found him there napping under my favourite tree ,I didn't want to wake him up so I turned my back to him and headed to the same direction I came with then I stopped for a  while ,maybe this is my time to avenge my brother ,I will just befriend this guy and get some information about the kingdom and the Radebe's that killed my brother 2 years back and avenge my brother ,maybe this is just a right moment to do so ,but if I do that I'll have to lie about myself ,tell him non-existant truth as far as possible ,so I went straight to him and and sat next to him ,grabbed an apple from the tree and the tree had few apples left ,that's a bummer but they'll grow back next year during this season ,me grabbing an apple from the tree woke him up
Him: Nontyantyambo?(Flower?)
Mbali:(I had to respond to him so that I can emerge my plan ,I'm on a mission people ,I have to avenge my brother ,so I have to break what my mother taught me that I should never speak to strangers ,but when I avenge my brother my father will be so proud of me and maybe ,just maybe me and Menzi will separate and I'll reuse my biological surname ,even my brother Mangaliso will be so proud of me when I avenge his death)Sawubona(Hey)
Him:Oh uyathetha ngoku?(Oh now you can speak)
Mbali:Yeah(I looked at him and faked a smile)
Him:I thought I will never see your pretty face again
Mbali:Uhmmm.....right
Him:UngumZulu?(Are you a Zulu?)
Mbali:(Now it's my time to start lying)Yebo kodwa angihlali esigodini sakwa Zulu(Yes I am but I don't live in the Zulu Kingdom)
Him:Ngoba kutheni?(Why is that?)
Mbali:Ngaxoshwa(They banned me)
Him:Uthini apha kum wena Ntyantyi?(What are you saying to me Flower?)
Mbali:Yep(I looked down and took a bite)
Him:Ngoba kutheni?(Why?)
Mbali:Bathi mina ngingumthakathi ,leyonto yiyo into eyenza ukuthi bangixoshe(They said I'm a witch ,that's the reason why they banned me)
Him:(He just laughed)Uxolo ngokukuhleka kodwa baphambene ababantu ,bakhe bambonaphi umntu omhle nje ngawe eligqwirha?Khona wenza ntoni ukuze batsho lonto?(I'm sorry for laughing but these people are crazy ,where did they see a person pretty like you bewitching?By the way what did you do that makes them see you as a witch?)
Mbali:(I don't have any lies to make up the story so I have to be off topic but the fact that he said I'm pretty really touched me so I smiled a little)Hayi cha uyabuza bhuti(No no you ask a lot)
Him:(Laughed)I just want to know
Mbali:(I turned to look at him)Story for another day ,do you usually visit this place?
Him:Everyday ,kodwa ndiza ekseni xandigqibo khaphela iigusha zikatata ,kutheni ubuza?(But I come here in the morning when I'm done herding my father's sheeps ,why do you ask?)
Mbali:It was my first time seeing someone here that's why I'm asking
Him:Wena uza mihla namalanga apha ,ngaliphi ixesha(You come here everyday?By what time)
Mbali:Yes ,in the afternoon though
Him:Okay ,kanene ngubani igama lakho?(What's your name once again?)
Mbali:Yingobani uthi kanene kodwa akaze ngikutshele igama lam?(Why do you say once again meanwhile I never told you my name?)
Him:(Laughed a little ,well I might say ,he has a nice smile and he's handsome when he smiles)I wanted to be nice ,so what's your name?(He smiled again)
Mbali:Amahle(I smiled back at him)
Him:Amahle Bani kaloku?(Amahle who?)
Mbali:Hayi cha uyabuza bhuti usufuna nokwazi isbongo sam(No no you ask a lot dude now you want to know my surname)
Him:(Laughed)Akhonto ingalunganga nje apho ,ndifuna ukumazi losisi omhle kangaka kwaye Sisi loyo ondihlekisa ngoluhlobo(There's nothing wrong about that ,I just want to know this pretty lady and that lady that makes me laugh like this that's all)
Mbali:Hayi cha kunini uhleka nawe (No no you've been laughing for a while now)
Him:(Laughed even more)Ndizaw'thini kodwa , ndihlekiswa nayile yokuba ndiyaqala ukubona umntu omhle kangaka Kuba ngathi ndiyaphambana(What am I supposed to do though ,I'm laughing because it's my first time seeing a beautiful like this ,it's like I'm going crazy)
Mbali:(I just laughed out loud ,I didn't know this person is this funny)Usuyadakwa ke manje(You're drunk now)
Him:Andixoki ke phofu(I'm not lying though)
Mbali:You better not lie
Him:(Laughed a little at what I said)So ,ungu Amahle bani?(You're Amahle who?)
Mbali:Amahle Zungu (I smiled at him)
Him:Mna ndisezok'biza ngelika Nontyantyambo kodwa(But I'll continue calling you Flower)
Mbali:Fair enough ,konje wena wawuthe wubani igama?(What's your name once again?)
Him:Zingisa Radebe
I can't believe this ,he's one of the people that killed my brother ,he's one of them ,bingo ,I'll get deep information to a point whereby I know the person that killed my brother ,I have to ask him more questions
Mbali:Oh so you are a prince?
Zingisa:Yes ,soon to be king ,kutheni ubuza?(Why are you asking?)
Mbali:(I gave him my ’ready to kill’ look)I heard a lot about you guys as the Radebe's
Zingisa:You're turning me on when you give me that look ,so uve ntoni ngathi?(What did you hear about us?)
Mbali:(Can you believe this guy ,the look that people fear about me is turning him on ,this guy is not normal I tell you)Ngizwe ukuthi nina nesigodi sethu anizwani ,kuningi nje(I heard that you and my kingdom are beefing ,it's a lot)
Zingisa:We are not beefing with the whole kingdom ,we beefing with some family there
Mbali:Oh my bad ,what caused the feud?
Zingisa:Story for another day(He then winked at me)
Mbali:Right ,how old are you?.
Zingisa:Imibuzo engaka Amahle(So many questions Amahle)
Mbali:(I laughed)So you don't like the taste of your own medicine huh?
Zingisa:(He laughed as well)Hayi(No)
Mbali:Answer the question please (I stole a glance at him)
Zingisa:I'm 28 years old now
Mbali:Yhoo hayi cha umdala mawungaka (Geez no no you're old)(I paused a little bit then talked)My brother was supposed to be 28 years too this year but he died 2 years ago when I was 16 years old(I let out a tear then he wiped it and I smiled a little bit)
Zingisa:I suppose you're 18 now
Mbali:Yes I am
Zingisa:What caused the death of your brother?
Mbali:Story for another day
I can't believe this bastard would ask me that meanwhile his family ,one of them is the cause of my brother's death ,I just hate him at this point even though I feel so at ease as I am with him now ,everything just crossed my mind and I couldn't hold the tears anymore ,I just cried ,he held me close to him ,and covered me with his arms ,for a moment I was buried in his arms ,I felt so safe and he used his other hand brushing my back ,I last felt like that when my grandmother last hugged me ,and now I feel safe in another person's arms ,nothing felt better than that ,I wonder what does this mean ,I'm confused
Zingisa:Shhhhh sulila kaloku Shhhhh ndikhona ndikhona shhhhhhh(Shhh don't cry shhhh I'm here I'm here shhhh)
We pulled away and I layed my head on his chest as we chilled under the tree ,we started talking about general stuff till we lost track of time
Zingisa: Kuhlwile ngoku (It's late now)
Mbali:(sat up straight and looked at the moon)It is late ,I have to head back home
Zingisa:Do you have to?(He looked at me and smirked)
Mbali:What do you mean?(My face was just puzzled)
Zingisa:We can spend the night here ,I mean you live alone so no one is going to notice that you ain't there(He smirked even more)
Mbali:(I just laughed)Ithi uyadlala(Tell me you are joking)
Zingisa:Tu ke MaSengwayo(Not at all MaSengwayo)
Mbali:(Even though this isn't my real clan name but I just smiled at that ,no one has ever called me by my clan name nor surname)Go to your wife Zingisa
Zingisa:I'm not even married
Mbali:You ain't?
Zingisa:Ewe andina nkosikazi mna ,yiza silale apha (Yes I don't have a wife ,let's spend the night here)
Mbali:(I can't believe I'm even considering this but still I'll say no ,I just got used to this guy fast and already I like him)Cha Zingisa ,ngiyahamba mina(No Zingisa ,I'm leaving)
Zingisa:Okay then ,may I please get a hug?
Mbali:Cha(No)too much affection for the day don't you think?(I smirked)
Zingisa:Wow(He laughed)Bye
Mbali:Bye
We both went back home ,when I arrived home I saw Lihle outside the yard talking to some guy ,I went near the kraal to see properly who she's standing with since the kraal is closer to the gate ,and I spied on them ,their conversation seemed deep.Something happened ,something shocking happened ,I couldn't believe my eyes ,this is just so unbelievable
Mbali:Hayibo uLihle!(Omg Lihle!)(I covered my mouth)

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME ZITHANDWA ,NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE PUBLISHED TOMORROW❤️