Narrator#18

The Radebe place

Zingisa:Kodwa tata(But dad)
Radebe:Ndithethile ,ndigqibile(My word is final)
After saying that Radebe exited the house and went to gaze at his livestock ,that is what he does whenever he misses his wife ,Nozizwe.
Nozibele:Nyana uyenziswa yintoni lento uyenzayo?senditsho ukuba uNonkululeko usuka naye kude ,nathanda nisebancinci wamthembisa umtshato nabantwana ,uThantaswa wadibana naye pha kwelahlathi ulithandayo ,hayike andithethi ngalomSotho wakho ,wamlwela Zingisa ,umthanda ,ufuna yena yedwa ,kusuke kwathini?kuqhubekani nyana?(What makes you to do this son?I mean you and Nonkululeko have history together ,you guys fell in love with each other at a very young age and you promised her a marriage and kids ,you met Thantaswa at that forest that you adore ,and that Sotho lady of yours ,you fought for her Zingisa ,you loved her ,you wanted her only ,what's going on now?)
Zingisa:Mama ayothando olu(That's not love mom)
Nozibele:Yintoni ke Zingisa ?,xelela mna udadobawo wakho(What is it then Zingisa?Tell your aunt over here)
Zingisa:Mama ,okokuqala ndibavise kabuhlungu ababantu ikakhulukazi uNonkululeko ,ewe andali ukuba bendimthanda kodwa hayi mama ayothando olu ,umntu xa ethanda omnye umntu akamvisi kabuhlungu mama ,uyayikhusela intliziyo yakhe ,uyamhoya ,kodwa mna zange nangelanga elinye ndibacinge ababantu , andithethi ke ngokuba ndibahoye ,andibafuni abantwana nabo ,mama umama watsho kum ukuba ndibolandela intliziyo yam xandiziva ukuba ndilufumene uncumo lwam ,kwaye ngoku ndiyeva ukuba ndimfumene ongowam qha ndishiyekelwe kukuba ndimlwele kwaye oluthando lwam naye lungazisa uxolo kulendawo(Mom , firstly I hurt them especially Nonkululeko ,yes I admit that I was in love with her but this is no longer love ,when a person loves someone they don't hurt them mom ,they protect their heart ,they give them attention ,but I never thought of them ,not even in a single day ,I never gave them some attention ,I don't want them to bear me kids ,mom my mother told me that I should follow my heart when I feel like I've found the one ,and I feel like I've found the one but I have to fight for them and our love can bring peace  here)
Nozibele:(Sighed)Nyana ndiyakuva kodwa ndicebisa ukuba uthathe inkosikazi yesine ngoba Lo ozoyenza ayizuvumwa nguZwilakhe(Son I hear you but I advise you to take a 4th wife because what you want to do won't be approved by Zwilakhe)
Zingisa:Hayi mama ,uAmahle nguye endimthandayo ,ndifuna abe ngowokuqala aphinde abe ngowokugqibela ,ndithanda yena yedwa ,ndifuna yena yedwa ,ulikamva lam mama , andizukwazi ukuhlala emtshatweni nabantu endingabathandi mna ,Andikhathali ukuba utata ucinga ntoni na kodwa uAmahle ndizomtshata(No mom ,I only love Amahle ,I want her to be my one and only ,I love her ,I want her only ,she's my future mom ,I can't stay in this marriage with people I don't even love  ,I don't care about what my father thinks but I'll marry Amahle)
Nozibele:Ngubani kanti Lo okuphambanisa ngoluhlobo?(Who is making you this crazy?)
Zingisa:Uzamazi dadobawo ,ngoku akukabi Lixesha elilungileyo(You'll know her soon aunty ,now is not the right time)
After saying that ,Zimkhitha walked in and hugged his brother as she was happy to see him.
Zimkhitha:Isidlo sasebusuku silinde nina(Dinner is ready)
They helped Zingisa up and brought him to the kitchen and helped him to take a sit ,his wives hugged him ,one by one and eventually sat down.
Nthabi:Ho etsa etseng ka leoto lahao?ne re kgathatsehile ka wena moratiwa(What happened to your leg?we were worried about you)
Zingisa:Akhonto ingako MaPhoka(It's nothing MaPhoka)
Thanti:Kuhle xa uphilile ,mna ndinento endifuna ukuyithetha kuni bantu abadala ,into bendilangazelela ukuyitsho ke phofu ,andazi ukuba izakunihlala njani kodwa ngathi oku kufuneka kwenzekile(It's good that you're okay ,there's something I want to tell you elders ,something I've been yearning to tell you ,I just don't know how it will sit with you but this has to be done)
Nozibele:Uyasothusa ngoku Thantaswa ,yintoni le ingaka ikutyayo?(You're scaring us now Thantaswa ,what's eating you?)
Radebe:Khasixelele ukuba uzithwele makoti(Tell us that you're expecting daughter in law)
Thanti:(Laughed a little)Ayikho njalo Mthimkhulu ,kwaye sukothuka Snozi ,ayonto ingako le ,inoba niyabona nani Bantu abadala nawe Nonku noNthabi ukuba indlela uZingisa aziphethe ngayo ayoyiyo.(Let out a huge sigh),andali boo Bhungani ukuba uZingisa ndiyamthanda ,ewe ndiyamthanda kodwa lomtshato mna andisawufuni ,ndidikiwe ukuba semtshatweni ongena thando ,uZingisa akasihloniphi singamakhosikazi wakhe kwaye imhlophe okwekhephu ebusika ukuba uZingisa uyakrexeza ,kengoko ke ndithi mna ndiyagoduka ,andizukwazi ukuyimela le eyenziwa nguZingisa(Turned to Zingisa)S'thandwa sam uxolo kodwa le ndiyenzayo yeyona nto ubuyifuna le(It's not like that Mthimkhulu ,and please don't be scared Snozi ,it's nothing huge ,but you as elders see Zingisa's behaviour recently and you too as my sister wives* ,yes I admit that I love Zingisa but I don't want this marriage anymore ,I'm tired of this marriage that lacks love ,Zingisa doesn't respect us as his wives and it's so clear that Zingisa is cheating ,so I'm going back home ,I can't bare this any longer*My love I'm sorry but you've always wanted this to happen anyway)
Mkhokeli:(Whispering to Zingisa)Inkulu le nto mfondini ,uzakuthini ke ngoku?(This matter is serious dude ,what are you going to say now?)
Zingisa:(Ignored Mkhokeli and looked at his wife back)Ndiyakukhulula Thantaswa(I'm letting you go Thantaswa)
Radebe:(Stood up as anger was bursting through his veins)Rha!!Lonto ayizukwenzeka apha kwam niyeva ,akhomntu ozakushiya omnye apha ,Thantaswa nawe Zingisa nizakuyithetha lento nilungise ,zange nangelanga lomhlolo uZingisa akhuphe iinkomo zakhe ,ulobole ngezam ,nizakulungisa niyeva!!?.(Piss off!!That won't happen here , Thantaswa and Zingisa ,you guys are going to iron out your matters and fix ,Zingisa didn't give out his cows but he gave out mine ,he payed lobola with my own cows ,you guys are going to iron out your matters!!?!)
Nozibele:Hayi mntasekhaya ,lo nto ayenziwa ,sunyazela abantwana(No brother ,you can't do that ,don't force children)
Radebe:Hayi Sisi ,hayi!!(No sis' ,no!!)
Nthabi:.Dabawo Nozibele o nepile ,hao nophoqella ba babedi hore bautlwane ,haena Thantaswa obatla ho tsamaya haobe jwalo ,ebile ke win honna le Nonkululeko mona(Aunt Nozibele has a point ,you can't force these two to be together ,and besides it's a win to me and Nonkululeko over here)
Radebe:Thula Nthabiseng!waphinde nje wathetha ndakuqhekeza ngengqola entloko(Shut up Nthabiseng!if a word comes out of your mouth again ,I'll break your head with a hard stick)
Nthabi:(Looked down)Ne ke bua fela ntate(I was just saying Mr)
Radebe:(Sat down ,gave Nthabi a death stare and looked at Thantaswa)Ndiyakucela Thanti , thetha noZingisa ,nilungise umtshato wenu njengabantu abasathandanayo(Please Thanti ,talk to Zingisa ,fix your marriage as people that are still in love with each other)
When Nozibele was about to interfere , Thantaswa raised her fourth finger ,just to
signal her to keep quiet so that she can respond Radebe by herself.
Thantaswa:Ngenkulu inhlonipho tata awunokwazi ukundinyanzela kulo mtshato ,khange nditshate wena benditshate uZingisa ,umntu okufuneke enze lento uyenzayo nguZingisa hayi wena tata , uZingisa akandithandi Tata kwaye andinangxaki nalonto kodwa ndizichithela ixesha ngokuhlala kulomtshato ongenathando ,ngendileqa amaphupho wam hayi unyana wakho ,andinalo tu ixesha lokuleqana nonyana wakho ngathi ndiyigwenya ekhangela unina ,ukuba anisixhasi isigqibo Sam andingeni ndawo mna apho kodwa mna ndiyemka(With all due respect Mr ,you can't force me to stay in this marriage ,I didn't marry you but I married Zingisa ,a person that should be begging me like this should be Zingisa not you Mr ,Zingisa doesn't love me Mr and I don't have a problem with that but I'm wasting my time by staying in this marriage that lacks love ,I should be chasing my dreams not your son ,I don't have time to be chasing your son like a puppy that wants to be breastfed by its mother ,if you guys don't support my decision well I don't care but I'm leaving still)
Radebe:(Let out a sigh and looked at his son first then looked at Thanti)Ndiyakuva Thanti mntanam ,ndicela uxolo ngokuziphatha kukanyana wam(Turned to Zingisa)Ingabe ikhona into ofuna ukuyitsho kuThantaswa nyana?(I hear you Thanti my child ,I'm sorry about my son's behaviour*is there anything you'd like to say to Thantaswa my son?)
Thanti just nodded and looked at Zingisa as she expected him to say something before she leaves
Zingisa:(Looked at his father with a puzzled face then turned to Thanti)Akhonto endingayitsho mna tata (turned to Thanti)kodwa Thantaswa uhambe kakuhle ,bekumnandi ukuba nawe apha ekhaya(There's nothing I can possible say dad* but goodbye Thantaswa ,it was nice to have you here)
Thantaswa wasn't even hurt by that ,she just flashed out of the house and went to her hut and started packing , Nonkululeko followed her.When she got inside the hut ,she started packing and Nonkululeko stopped her
Thanti:Nonku?yintoni ngoku?(Nonku?what is it now?)
Nonku:Yima sithethe kuqala sisi ,makhe sichophe sithethe ,kudala singathethi kakade(Wait let's talk first sis' ,let's sit down and talk ,it's been a while since we last talked)
They both sat down ,Thanti wasn't in the mood for talking but she really wanted to hear what Nonkululeko wanted to say to her.The two were very close ,as Nthabi was close to Zimkhitha ,as Nthabi was only 3 years older than Zimkhitha.
Thanti:Thetha ke ndimamele(Talk then I'm listening)
Nonku:Yintoni ekwenza wenze oku kodwa Thanti?bendicinga ukuba wonwabile apha ekhaya(What's making you leave Thanti though?I thought you are happy here)
Thanti:Icacile ukuba iingcinga zakho ziphazamile kaloku ,zange ndakhe ndonwaba apha ekhaya mna ,emva kokuba uZingisa etshate lamSotho ,zange ndaphinda ndonwaba(It's so clear that you thought wrong then ,I have never be happy in this marriage before ,ever since Zingisa married that Sotho lady ,my happiness vanished)
Nonku:Ohh ingxaki onayo nguMaPhoka?,hayi wethu suhambiswa nguNthabi hle(Oh so you have a problem with MaPhoka?No don't let her kick you out)
Thanti:Andihanjiswa nguye Nonku ,andisawufuni lomtshato mna ,uZingisa uyanikrexezela Nonku kwaye uzonishiya lomntu ndikuxelele(No she's not kicking me out Nonku ,I just don't want this marriage anymore ,Zingisa is cheating Nonku and he'll ditch you guys I'm telling you)
Nonku didn't know how to respond ,instead she just kept quiet for a while till Thantaswa broke the silence.
Thanti:Sekuhlwile ngoku ,kufuneka ndigodukile Nonku (It's late now ,I have to go home Nonku)
Nonku:Hayi kaloku Thanti awungxothwanga apha ,sude uhambe ngobusuku ,uzakuhamba ksasa ekuseni(No Thanti we are not chasing you away ,there's no need for you to leave this late ,you'll leave tomorrow morning)
Thantaswa didn't respond ,she just layed on her bed and Nonku got out of the hut ,leaving her alone.