CASSIOPEIA #7

As soon as I heard from Jason's parents I knew that it was not enough to be with him in our dreams. I had to join him at his home.

Mom was not really happy with the idea of me flying across the country alone, but this is the easy thing about having an irresponsible parent. They don't start a drama when you leave them.

When we were heading to the airport, I realised that this was my first solo trip. I guess, I would have been excited without almost dying before. But after my NDE nothing seemed like a difficult or frightening task anymore.

So I was really looking forward to being on my own in this world. But mom was actually different. In the car she seemed to be in her thoughts all the time. And when it was time to depart she hugged me really tightly and didn't let me go for a minute or more.

When she finally loosened her grip, I saw tears in her eyes and she whispered "I love you sweetheart!" into my ears and "please take care!".

Maybe this was the moment for second guessing, but my heart immediately jumped in, telling me that everything was fine and that I was on the right path.

On the plane I tried to recall everything that had happened in the last months. My whole world had been turned upside down. To the world I was still a teenager and I couldn't have been further away from knowing who I was or was supposed to be, but I knew deep down in my soul that this was perfect.

And I also knew that there was someone out there who needed my strength and sense of purpose to make sure that he wouldn't take the wrong turn out of being confused about what his real home was.

Then my father came to my mind and that he also needed my help. But I needed my friends Una and Jason in their best shapes and abilities to be able to even stand a chance to free him.

Finding out about Shadow and his plans was not really good news, but I had already been too far down the road to let me get hijacked by the illusions of the Lord of all fears.