JASON #14

Have you ever gone into your day with the intention to kill someone?

We all see things like that in movies and series, but just think that this has got nothing to do with our lives.

But this morning I understood that life is the most dramatic screenwriter there is.

I had no idea how to get near Cass, much less how to end her life then. Maybe this was all just nonsense. After all, I had only communicated with odd creatures in my dreams.

On the other hand, my so-called life had become more surreal by the day.

After contemplating for an hour, I decided that I was just searching for an excuse to chicken out of the only loving mission in my inglorious existence.

But I knew that probably I would only get one shot. So I set out investigating. I got to the hospital, Cass was in, to just casually hang around the place to look out for possibilities. The building was huge. That was good news because the bigger, the less people know or care about each other.

Suddenly there must have been some divine intervention. Just when I walked down a corridor there was this white coat hanging outside a bathroom. It even had a name badge of a doctor on it. This was my chance. I grabbed it, put it on and went straight to the admission.

“Can you please help me?” I said in my most authoritative voice to the woman sitting in front of a computer. “Just a sec”, she answered without looking at me, typing something.

“I promised to look after the daughter of a friend. Her name is Cassiopeia Brown.” She shortly looked up, saw my outfit and immediately searched for the name. “She is in the ICU on the 15th floor, room number 24.3.’”

I thanked her and decided to leave the hospital. Everything else would have been too risky. At least I had got all the information I needed, I had a perfect disguise. Now I only had to find what I would do, once I got into Cass’s room.

As soon as I had left the building, I put off the white coat. It was then that I recognized that I was soaking wet with sweat. So I got into a cab and went back to my motel.There was still much work to do.