UNA #7

"You are definitely not who you think you are. You are one of your kind. The one there is. And you are not one of them."

"What do you mean by 'them'?" I interfered.

"You are no traveller. But you think you are. That seems to keep happening to some of us, when they really get caught up in the stories of their companions."

Although it seemed almost impossible to me to get even more confused, that's what was happening.

The old man sensed my state of mind. He shook his head saying, "Don't you get it girl that you are no girl? You do not go to school. You have no mother. No father. You never had. That life you think you lead is not yours."

"But how is that possible?"

"We are. But we are not born. We do not die like they do. That is not why we are here, Una."

In all that confusion, I was sort of relieved to have at least the name I was used to. I couldn't accept any of what I was hearing. But deep down I knew that he was right.

"And what is your name?", I asked.

"Close your eyes, take a deep breath and go deep inside. There you will find me."

I did what he said. There was this surge of something I couldn't name. And then I heard me pronounce the word 'Eldion'.

"Ah, so you are not completely lost my dear", he said with obvious relief.

"But what are we then, and what are travellers?"

"Let's begin with the easy one: Travellers are the ones that come and go. Most of them do not know that they do. At least they cannot remember. They live in a reality, they also do not really comprehend. That is where we come into play.

If they awake, or when they begin to listen, we offer our company and our wisdom. That is when the transition is about to happen. Unfortunately, many of them tend to lose their insight when returning into their world. Thus, patience is of great importance."

"But how come I lost who I am?"

"Because that is your gift, Una."