-

Halle POV

"I know you don't like him but I might go. Shit, it might take my mind off the bullshit I'm going through. Help me pick out an outfit in case I do go" I said as I sat Halo in the middle of the bed.

"Halle-"

"Just in case!" I said and Chloe smacked her lips.

"He's toxic" She said.

"I'm not trying to date his ass. But going out might be fun" I said. "What about this?" I asked Chloe showing her a dress.

"Nope. That's too revealing, even for me" She said.

"Then it's perfect. I need to be revealing." I said rolling my eyes thinking about Roddy.

"For lunch with the toxic boy?" Chloe asked.

"Nope. For me." I said showing Chloe another dress.

"Seems like you're trying to impress" Chloe said.

"Noooo. I just wanna get out, have some fun, have a good time." I said.

And not think about Roddy.

"How much of a good time?" Chloe asked.

"I didn't know you were a lawyer, why are you interrogating me?" I asked laughing.

"Because I'm worried about you Halle. You're not even completely finished with Roddy yet and here you are trying to find an outfit to go on a date with another toxic, stupid nigga" Chloe said.

I sighed.

"It's not a date Chloe. At least in my eyes it's not. I'm just not gonna sit around depressed, wondering what's wrong with me anymore." I said going through more dresses.

"Even though I don't like Roddy, you guys have a child. So I think you two should have a heart to heart." Chloe said.

"Well I tried that. With my ex boyfriend who screwed around on me, my other ex boyfriend who screwed around on me, and surpriseeeee yet another nigga who screwed around on me." I said and Chloe just looked at me.

"Now you want me to beg this man, who never gave me a ring, a penny, or a promise, to tell me why he couldn't keep his dick in his pants?!" I added and Chloe sighed before walking up to me.

"Yes Halle I think you should talk to him." Chloe said.

"Why? You don't even like him." I said.

"Because you still love him." She said and I just looked at her as my eyes watered.

"You still love him Halle so yes I think you should talk to him. Not to take him back, but to ask whatever unanswered questions you have, because I know you have some. Shit, I would. And you guys have a beautiful baby boy together. Communication is very important when a child is involved." Chloe said.

"Yeah.. I know." I said wiping the stray tear that fell out of my face.

"Come here" Chloe said hugging me and I hugged her back. Soon as we hugged, more tears fell out of my face.

"It's okay." Chloe said.

-

Roddy POV

"Wassup man, got that stroller you requested" Keefa said dragging it in my house.

I gave him the money to pick up a stroller I wanted to get for Halo.

"Thank you" I said.

"What's up wit you?" He asked.

"What you mean?" I asked.

"You just seem down and out lately." Keefa said and I sighed.

"Lemme ask you something" I said sitting on my staircase.

"Sure" Keefa said.

"Do you think something is wrong wit me?" I asked.

Keefa chuckled. "You really want me to answer that?" He asked.

"Yes I want you to answer that." I said.

He sat beside me and looked over at me. "Shitttttttt where do I start?" He said.

"Come on cuh." I said and he laughed.

"First, you think you running everybody and every thing." He said.

"I guess that's true." I said.

"Two, you real hard on everybody." He added.

"Mmm. Can't argue wit that" I said.

"You can be selfish at times, and a bit hypocritical. And you think you know everything" Keefa said.

"Nah, I don't know everything. Because if I did, I'd be able to figure out what the fuck is wrong wit me and why I keep hurting Halle" I said.

"What'd you do?" Keefa asked.

I looked at him for a moment and said "Rosemarie topped me off."

"Nigga-" Keefa said before pushing me and I sighed.

"Nigga she's apart of the label. Why you do that? And why you cheat on Halle for Rosemarie? That was dumb" Keefa said.

"I know nigga! I know! I fucked up" I said.

"Now you probably broke that girl's heart nigga." Keefa said.

"I did." I said and he sighed.

"Have you talked to her?" He asked.

"She won't answer none of my calls. We text but only about the baby. If I try to talk about the situation, she doesn't answer" I said sighing and Keefa shook his head.

"You just gotta give her time. Give her time to figure it out, and get her mind together to talk to you." He said standing up.

"Yeah.. I know." I said rubbing my face. "I feel like shit" I added.

"You should" Keefa said and I gave him a look saying "Get out" and he laughed.

"I'll call you later man, just don't do nothing else" Keefa said as he left out and I sighed.

-

Halle POV

This is Darryl, leave a message after the beep.

"Hey Darryl, it's Halle. I said I would give you an answer on whether I'd go out tomorrow or not. And I can't do it, I'm sorry. I'm just not ready for all that. But I do appreciate you asking. Talk to you later." I said before hanging up the phone.

I then laid down in the bed and sighed, looking up at the ceiling.

-

☕️