Chapter 16: I'm not joining you!

Third person pov:

Both the Hyōshō siblings were on a tree branch waiting to see if the young Hyōshō female would leave the village, but they only saw a young Uchiha male "looks like Sasuke Uchiha is joining Orochimaru" The man said with a smirk.

"Looks like Mizuki made her decision" The woman said as she looked at the young Uchiha walk through the forest till he reached four sound ninjas "she would've walked out with this Uchiha right beside her" she continued.

"Mizuki will of course go after her teammate to try to bring him back to the village." The man said looking at his sister "Any plan on your mind, Yumeko?" The man asked "yeah. Let's just wait till they go after the Uchiha" Yumeko said

"Orochimaru said to bring her. He did say to convince her as much as possible. If we force her to go, then she will try to escape at all cost. Let's meet up with the four sound ninjas" Yumeko said jumping from tree to tree.

The man sighed "Come on, Kazuki. I won't wait for you, so catch up." Yumeko said turning her head slightly to look at her brother. Kazuki nodded and started to jump tree to tree.

..........................

Mizuki's Pov:

I yawn as I stretched my arms. I stood up from the bed and walked into the bathroom. I did my morning routine.

I walked out of the bathroom a couple minutes later.

I heard a knock on my door "come in". the door opened to reveal Hinata "um...lady hokage wants to see you" I tilted my head.

...........

"you're here too pineapple head" I said as I walked into the Hokage's office "iceberg..." Shikamaru groaned in irritation.

"Now that you're both here. Let's discuss a new mission for both of you" Tsunade said. me and Shikamaru looked at each other then back at Tsunade.

"late last night, Sasuke Uchiha left the hidden leaf village" Tsunade said which surprised Shikamaru 'I'm supposed to react surprised' "and we're quite certain he's headed to the hidden sound village" Tsunade continued.

"he just left? How did that happen?" Shikamaru asked "simple. Orochimaru must have him in his clutches" I crossed my arms over my chest "what? Wait, that doesn't make any sense. What does Sasuke have to gain by talking to someone as depraved as Orochimaru?" Shikamaru asked "at this point, his motive doesn't matter. We need to deal with it quickly. I've decided it's time to carry out your first mission as a Chunin" Tsunade said

"So all we have to do is bring back Sasuke to the village?" I asked "yes, that's your mission. But it must be accomplished without delay. And you may find it a more dangerous task than you think" I raised an eyebrow "there's a strong probability that Sasuke is being guarded by Orochimaru's men" Tsunade said 'ah great'

"well if we're gonna be facing apposition. I'm going to need to request a team composed exclusively of jounin and Chunin" Shikamaru said "I can't honor that request" Tsunade said "what? And why not?" "you already know the answer. As I'm sure you're aware, most of the jounin have been sent out on missions. Only a hand full stayed behind to defend in case of attack"

'great. We're doomed' "go round up any skilled Genin you feel are up to the job. Thirty minutes to leave this village" Tsunade said 'I'd hate to say this but this is such a drag'

Shikamaru started to walk to the door so I followed him "this whole thing is a drag, but I do know the guy so I can't just let it go. Well, that's just the way it is I guess" "hold on. There is one person I strongly recommend you include" Tsunade said.