Chapter 8: The Chunin exam I

I woke up to the same old noisy alarm. "ugh...Kakashi sensei will be late anyway..." I rubbed my head "darn it" I stood up and entered the bathroom and did my usual morning routine. I ate breakfast with Hinata and talked till we said our goodbyes so we can go meet our team.

I was walking till I heard my name being called "hey Naruto!" I smiled "morning Mizuki!" he said with a smile "morning..." I responded. We kept talking while walking to our meeting spot.

"hey good morning sakura!" Naruto said and I saw him eyeing Sasuke and Sasuke was also eyeing Naruto 'I swear they have been like this since the bridge builder mission'.

We waited and waited and waited...again and again for Kakashi sensei to arrive. "hey guys, good morning. Sorry I'm late I ended up lost in the path of life" Kakashi sensei said "What!!" Naruto and sakura screamed.

"I'm ready for the next ninja mission sensei and hey come on, no more of this beginner stuff okay. I want a chance to prove myself, I mean a real mission that I can show what I'm made off" Naruto said 'does he remember what happened last time when he said that' "uh...that's great Naruto but take it easy will you?" Kakashi sensei said

Naruto glared at Sasuke 'oh Naruto...' "Naruto when you stop fantasizing can we start our mission" Kakashi sensei said "Alright!"

We have been doing missions today but Naruto has been messing around and causing trouble. Now we have Naruto all messed up "your all messed up Naruto!" sakura said "seriously you need to take it a little serious" I said "you are just one big problem" Sasuke said.

Naruto looked at Sasuke mad "Sasuke!!" he shouted but sakura stopped him "if you keep this up I'll finish you up myself!" sakura shouted at him. I sigh 'and I call them my teammates.' I heard Kakashi sensei sigh "I guess we are not gaining any progress on the teamwork thing" "that's right, our teamwork is all messed up because of you Sasuke. You think you're better than everyone else" Naruto said

"not everyone, just you. Face it, I'm better and stronger than you are. It's a fact, unless you have all it takes to prove me wrong" Sasuke said turning around 'oh great...not again' I sigh "alright guys, let's call it a day. You can beat each other to a pulp some other time. anyway, I have to file my report on this mission." Kakashi sensei said

I started waking straight ahead as he said that "alright then goodbye" I said waving without turning around "whatever, I'm outta here" I heard Sasuke said and started to walk behind me. I heard running footsteps "wait! Sasuke I'll go with you" Sakura ran which made Sasuke stop.

"why don't we. I mean you know, let's do something more personal, I mean to improve our teamwork and all" sakura said which made me stop in my track 'this is going to be funny I just know it' I turned around "I swear you're just as bad as Naruto. Instead of flirting why don't you practice your jutsu to make the team stronger. Let's face it, you're actually worse than Naruto" Sasuke said walking away

I crossed my arm "wasn't that kind of harsh" I said "no, I don't think so" Sasuke said 'I swear these Uchiha brothers are the same' I sigh "you're really something Sasuke. No wonder Naruto hates you" I muttered "hey! I heard that" he looked at me with the annoyed face "you deserved that hatred!" "you!"

When we were walking I saw two sand village ninjas walking by which made my eyes widened 'Temari and Kankuro...if they are here that means...Gaara!' I stopped in my tracks "what's wrong?" Sasuke asked. I looked back at him "oh it's nothing"

He looked at the people I was staring at "they are not from the hidden leaf village" I nod "they are from the hidden sand village" I said 'now that I think of it...why are they here? And where is Gaara?'

"what are ninjas like them doing here?" I shake my head "I don't know" I took a deep breath "maybe we should go and find out." I took his hand and ran somewhere "this is the wrong way!" his eyes twitched "I know where I'm going!"