CHAPTER -28

Hey Butterflies,

Here is the new chapter. Please do vote and comment a lote.

Now read and enjoy ❤️‍🩹

Love, the emotion I thought I would never feel again after what happened last time

Love, the emotion I thought I would never feel again after what happened last time. But Abhimanyu Singhania has changed all my concepts and beliefs. For the past four years, I have just been breathing, thinking about the moments and decisions that cost me my own happiness. I've been drowning in self-loathing and regret, but he, like a ray of sunshine, entered my dark life and brightened it with his love.

It was very difficult for me to reopen those old wounds, but when I revealed all the secrets to him, I felt at ease for the first time in four years. He makes me feel at home. Loving Karthik was my decision, but loving Abhimanyu is beyond my control. He found his way into my heart with his smile and kind gestures. I don't think anyone in this world can fill the space he occupies in my heart. His name is engraved in the chambers of my heart and soul.

Last night completely changed the dynamics of our relationship. Now, I can be entirely myself with him. Despite having given me no reason for doubt, I've had some insecurities about whether he'll remain the same after I reveal my past to him. However, as he hugged me closely, absorbing all my emotions, he proved himself worthy of the risks I take with my heart. I saw pain and rage in his eyes as I cried in front of him.

My train of thought was interrupted by the creak of my bedroom door. I hastily covered myself with the blanket and peered out to see three little mischief-makers sneaking in. Reyansh led the way, flanked by Riya, who held Pari's hand. They paused near my bed, and Reyansh gestured for silence, pressing his index finger to his lips. Riya and Pari mimicked him obediently. Suppressing a laugh at their antics, I adjusted the blanket and hid within its folds.

Unbeknownst to them, their supposedly stealthy mission was quite audible to me as they chatted amongst themselves.

"Let's surround her from all sides, and when I count to three, let's pounce on the bed together," Riya exclaimed excitedly.

These little troublemakers.

"Speak softly, Riya di, she might hear us," Pari cautioned in a hushed tone.

And here I thought she was just a toddler, despite being three.

I sensed the bed dipping on both sides, indicating their proximity. As expected, Reyansh began to count, but as he reached two, I yanked the blanket from my face and screamed, causing them to tumble onto the bed atop me. I chuckled as they glared at me.

"Kiwi..." The three of them shouted and began tickling me, eliciting laughter from me. Our tickle session continued until we heard my mother's voice.

"What are you guys up to?" We froze upon hearing her voice, exchanging guilty glances. When I glanced towards the bedroom entrance, I saw my entire family standing there, amusement evident on their faces.