Chapter 44: An awkward meeting.

A/N: I apologise for any spelling mistakes I make.

3rd POV: Spiderman and Romy stared at each other in awkward silence, not knowing what to say to one another.

In the midst of this, Peter mentally wondered about the chances of meeting Romy and possibly by extension MJ.

(Omniverses)

Everyone paid close attention to this interaction, curious about Spidey's seemingly hesitant to speak to the young girl.

(Earth 616)

"What, uhhh, what are you doing here?" Spidey asked before mentally kicking himself. Of all things to ask, he asked that.

"We- I live here." Romy began before changing what she was saying.

Peter noticed how she seemed frustrated after she answered but couldn't figure out what it was about.

"Right...." Peter nodded his head before looking around, trying to decide whether to figure out a way to make things less awkward or find an excuse to leave. He decided on the 2nd option. "Umm, Romy, was it?" He asked, getting a nod from the girl. "I need to get a move on. I did something a few minutes ago, and I'd like to meet certain people so -" spidey prepared to fire a web to a nearby building and swing away before a shout stopped him in his tracks.

"Wait!!!" Romy cried out before she grabbed his hand with both of hers and held on tightly to it.

Peter tensed as his spidey sense went haywire, sending every single warning signal imaginable to him.

'The hell?!' Peter questioned as he resisted the urge to grab his head in pain from the continuous signals bouncing around in his head.

"《This feeling...》" The voice of anansi peirced through his mind before his spidey sense slowly began to calm down before all warning signals ceased. "《Be wary Peter, something isn't right.》" The spider god cautioned before he retreated deep into Peter's subconscious.

(Omniverses)

Everyone tensed once Peter's spidey sense went off, expecting a fight to happen soon but nothing came, though the warning from the spider god made everyone look every inch of their respective screens, trying to see if there was something or someone nearby causing the wallcrawlers early warning system to go off but could only see the Peter and the girl. Most of the geniuses then looked in suspicion at Romy. Peter's spidey sense only went off when she grabbed him.

What did she do to set it off?

And was it intentional?

(Earth 616)

"Are you ok?" The voice of Romy asked as Peter looked at the little girl who was still holding onto him. "You were staring at nothing." She said.

"Yeah.... I'm fine." Spidey hesitantly answered. Worried about what set off his spidey sense like that. One of the many times it ever went off like that was during the battle with the inheritors. So, for it to do that again was very worrying. "What did you want me to wait about?" Peter asked the little girl.

"Could you.... stay for a little while?" Romy asked nervously.

"I don't think I can -" Peter tried to say only for the little girl's hold to be tighter.

"Please?" She pleaded.

Peter stared down at Romy , then looked to the city, specifically the baxter building, before looking down at the daughter of his ex. He was going to make up an excuse but froze in shock at who he saw in Romy's place.

 He was going to make up an excuse but froze in shock at who he saw in Romy's place