Chapter 27: Hold the line.

A/N: I apologise for any spelling mistakes I make.

3rd POV: Spiderman knocked a tarkatan away before his spidey sense tingled, and he dodged out of the way as a dragon flew by and shot a fireball on his previous position. The wallcrawler landed on top of a damaged car as he watched the military fight against the invaders with their own weapons, tanks, and attack helicopters, but it was not looking good. A scream catches his attention, and his head snapped to the left to see many civilians, running away from the chaos, looking for safety. An explosion erupts near them, and many fall to the ground before getting back up and continuing to run away. A child was hiding behind some rubble, tears falling down her eyes as she was calling for her parents. A tarkatan spotted the child and snarled, extending his blades and charging towards the child.

(Omniverses)

Everyone tensed, bracing for the worst but mentally praying that Spiderman or someone else made it in time to save the child.

(Mortal kombat universe)

Just as the tarkatan approached and brought his blade down, the child closed her eyes, waiting for the inevitable, but it never came. Hesitantly opening her eyes, she saw the blade inches from her face, but the arm that it was attached to was held by none other than the friendly neighbourhood hero of Earth 616, Spiderman.

(Omniverses)

Everyone breathed a sigh of relief. They knew that in this invasion, lives would be lost, but if they could save as many as they possibly could, especially children, that will keep them going to fight and make sure they live another day.

(Mortal kombat universe)

Spiderman palmed strike the tarkatans chest, their back smacking against the car door before being webbed up and held in place. Peter turned his head to the child, and before he could say anything, his spidey sense tingled once again, and he turned to see a giant creature that looked like a giant troll, tossed a damaged tank in their general direction. Spiderman pulled the child towards her and jumped into the air, web swinging away to safety before landing carefully down.

"You hurt?" Spiderman asked, the child shaking her head negatively.

"Leah!!" A female voice called out, and spidey looks up to see a man and a woman frantically running towards them. The girl perks up and turns towards them, fresh tears coming to her eyes as she sees them before turning to Spiderman and giving the hero a hug.

"Thank you." The now named Leah said, before letting go and running to whom appeared to be her parents. The mother and father embrace their child before looking towards Spiderman, their eyes filled with gratitude before they run somewhere safe, with Leah now in her fathers arms.

'Leah.' Spiderman thought, the face of a little homeless girl that he failed to save flashing through his head, a smile that could brighten anyones day was clearly seen on her face before spidey shook his head of the memory. 'Now is not the time to get lost in your head, pete, stay focused.' He thought.

(Omniverses)

Whilst many wondered who the girl was and what she meant to Spiderman. The spidermen of spectacular, ultimate, TAS, EMH, and MCU noticed the state she was in. Was she homeless? Was there a leah in their respective universe as well?

(Mortal kombat universe)

His spidey sense tingled again as he turned around and saw a burning car flying straight towards him. Before he could react and jump away, someone jumped over his head and sliced the car in half and landed in a crouch, the pieces of car crashing and rolling away. Peter got a good look at his saviour and saw that it was the British telepath of the xmen, Psylocke.