Chapter 43: Just another day in New York.

A/N: I apologise for any spelling mistakes I make.

I'd also like to mention that I saw the comments about the teaser, and since most of you said you'd wait, I will abide by the request.

3rd POV: Lady death watched as Spiderman made his wish and narrowed her eyes.

(Omniverses)

Everyone tensed at seeing the cosmic entity of death, and those that were similar entities of death perked up at seeing their marvel counterpart. What was she gonna do? Kang did say that cosmic entities could interfere with the wish that Spiderman made, but for whatever reason, it was focusing solely on Lady death at the moment. What was the reason?

Did the wish affect her domain?

They would pay close attention to this personification of death closely as she would no doubt pay attention to them if they were to appear.

(Earth 616)

When she had felt Spiderman return to Earth 616 through her mark on him, she locked onto him and watched what he was doing closely. She had a feeling that the other cosmic entities across the Marvel Omniverse were also paying close attention to Spiderman of Earth 616 as well as the many spider totems in their universes. It would only be a matter of time before infinity, bast, konshu, zarathos, the pheonix, or The One Above All forbid, Oblivion confronting him.

The entity of death also kept an eye on the spider's and took notice of the sudden influx of spider totems grouping together in different universes that they considered safe and knew that madame web had worked overtime to create paths to those universes instead of keeping them together at the centre of the web. It was smart of her. it was better to be safe than sorry and with the sudden attention on the spider totems, it was best to get them away from any potential dangers and stay grouped together to increase the chance of survival against potential threats who will go searching for them and dimension hop to locate them. The Peter Parker's, on the other hand, that weren't spider totems went through different scenarios depending on their situation, but it was safe to say that they were being hidden as well for their safety. However, most Peter parkers and spider totems stayed where they were, one example being spiderman of earth 1048 (PS5 to be specific), who had remained on his earth and was currently with his sister but then again he hasn't been introduced to the multiverse until recently but she had a feeling he would've gotten involved with something across the multiverse eventually.

All spider totems seem to get caught up in saving the multiverse from total destruction one way or another.

But in regards to the wallcrawler's wish, she debated on it because the wish affected her domain heavily.

What was the wish?

It was to bring back those that were taken from the living world too early and for those that were close to entering her domain to return to the mortal world at least one day to be with their loved ones and to provide closure.

Just like how Ben Parker came to see his nephew on his birthday.

The question was, should she and the many versions of her across the multiverse allow it?

I'f they did, the scales that were life and death would be slightly tipped and everything would become imbalanced but she, as well as her other versions, wouldn't need to worry about that too much. Those who were on their way out would eventually return to her domain, and so would those who lost their lives too quickly will also return to her, and the scales would be balanced once more.

Death comes for everyone one way or another.

Another thing was Spiderman, or more precisely, the mark of death that was on him. When Outworld invaded earthrealm, many souls were lost, and the scent of death was in the air, and so were the souls.