Eighteen

ALESSIA AMATO

We get into his car and make our way to my place

We get into his car and make our way to my place. Once he's parked in the parking lot beside the building, I turn to him.

"So, how do you suggest we go about this?" I ask, fiddling with his fingers. The affectionate man has been holding my hand the whole way.

"We walk in and grab your things?" He answers, unsure of my question.

"Liam, are you crazy?" I ask, shocked by his response. "The workers will call my parents within seconds from spotting me. I'm wondering how on earth you want to get the keys from my apartment without them informing my father that someone wants to get inside... This isn't going to work." I mumble the last part, my shoulders slumping.

"You stay here, I know how I'll get your keys. I'll FaceTime you once I'm inside your apartment." The genius says after a moment of silence.

I turn to him, eyes wide. "How will you get my keys?"

"I told you, Alessia, you have nothing to worry about now that I'm here. You shouldn't forget that." He says huskily, blue eyes falling to my lips.

He's my hero. My saviour. An angel sent from God. What would I do without him?

"You're right. How could I...?" I reply, breathless from the memory of what we were doing when he whispered those words.

His large hand leaves my lap and wanders to the back of my head, pulling me towards him. When his lips meet mine, a soft sigh escapes me. His warm tongue languishly explores my mouth.

"Don't leave the car." His hoarse voice says when he unfortunately pulls away.

Nodding, I watch as he leaves me all alone. I relax back into the leather seat, the car filled with his intoxicating scent. Looking around what's soon going to be my old neighbourhood, I'm not really sad about it. Sure, I had a fun time here but I can't help and feel excited about what's to come with living with Liam. Will this grow into a relationship? Bloom into love?

I look down at my fiddling hands, feeling heat creeping up my face. It wouldn't be hard to fall in love with Liam. He's smart, caring, and handsome. He always listens and understands. He's respectful and kind. God, he's already given me so much and taken nothing in return. I've never met someone so selfless.

I really, really hope that this turns out well. I've always felt this part of life empty, piece of myself missing. I might've not admitted it but I've been lonely. The other side of the bed empty and cold, nobody to hold me. Nobody to love me.