Eleven

LIAM SMITH

I take my beautiful Alessia's limp body into my arms

I take my beautiful Alessia's limp body into my arms. I make my way with her to my car that I parked not far away from the nearby exit of the park. No one's in sight. Everything's according to plan.

Placing her in the backseat, I fasten her belt. Getting into the driver's seat, I start the car and make my way to our apartment.

Pulling up beside the back exit of the building, I get out and take my love into my arms again. A worker is already waiting beside the doors, opening them for me. I nod to him and start making my way up the fire escape stairs.

Once I'm in our apartment, I place the woman on our bed and wait for the man. I look at Alessia and my chest tightens. God, she's so pretty. I hope she doesn't wake up with a too bad headache, but this needed to be done. I hear the bell ring and make my way to the door.

"Good morning, Mr Smith." Says the old man.

"Good morning, doctor."

"So who's our lucky patient today?"

"This way." I say, gesturing to the bedroom.

We head that way and I open the door for him. He enters the room and upon seeing Alessia, he suddenly stops.

"Is she sleeping?" He whispers, looking my way.

"No." I simply answer. The doctor looks back at Alessia, confused.

"What's the meaning of this?" He asks after a minute.

"How's Kacey doing? I heard she's one of the top students?"

When the words leave my mouth, the man visibly tenses. He opens his mouth but when nothing leaves it, he closes it.

"It'd be a shame if your granddaughter didn't get into any good school, am I right?"

"I... I understand." He mutters defeated, I smile in reply. "Where do you want it?" The man doesn't even question the capacity of my capabilities.

Instead of replying, I make my way beside Alessia and gently put her head in my lap. Tilting her head, I bare the side of her neck to the doctor. He nods and starts preparing the equipment.

After the man inserts the chip into Alessia's skin, I stand up. Taking out the money from my pocket, I hand it to him. He stares at it as if considering to refuse but he takes it in the end.

"Pleasure doing business with you, doctor." I drawl.

He mutters something in reply, pushing his glasses up his nose and scurries away to the door. I shut it behind him, pleased. Taking my phone out, I dial Hunter's number.

"What do you need?" The man grumbles.

"How long will it take you to get to my place?"

"I'll be there in ten."