Nine

ALESSIA AMATO

My head is about to explode

My head is about to explode. I can hear the bomb ticking. I'm scared that if I open my eyes, light will blind me and if I move a finger, I'll be running to the nearest toilet to puke my insides out.

The intoxicating smell surrounding me is the only pleasant thing right now. I peel open one eye. The curtains are closed so I'm good to go. Slowly sitting up, I look around. Almost everything is grey. The walls are grey, the bedsheets are grey. The only other pops of colour are from the wooden floor and green plants. You'd think a psychopath lives here.

Glancing at the bedside table, I don't see any clock but there is a tall glass of water and painkillers. I think I'm in love. Grateful, I take the pills and gulp down the water.

I get up from the large bed. There are three other doors, all closed. One of them must be the toilet. I pick the one to the left of the bed. Opening it, I'm greeted with grey tiles on the floor and brown wooden panelling on the walls. Dark furniture and dimmed lights.

Mhm, the sexy man has taste. Not only in women.

I look into the big mirror and grimace. My hair is a mess, my lip is swollen and my neck is covered with harsh love bites. Something flaky covers my lips. What the fuck? I look like shit.

Looking through the few drawers, I find a spare toothbrush. After I wash my face and clean my teeth, I brush through my tangled hair with my fingers.

I make my way out the bathroom, through the bedroom and outside the door opposite the bed. I'm momentarily blinded by the bright light shining through the floor to ceiling window.

"Good morning, sunshine."

Ah, that deep voice is music to my ears. I instantly feel better. Liam is already dressed in a shirt and black slacks. His brown hair styled, and black rimmed glasses making him look sexy as hell. I'd let him do anything to me.

"Good morning." I smile.

The handsome man gestures for me to sit on the barstool next to him. I do as I'm told. When I get closer to him, his rich scent envelopes me.

"Did you sleep well?" He asks, his dark gaze locked onto my neck.

"Like a baby. Although it was quite cold in the morning, like there was something warm missing, you know?"

"I'm sorry." His grin smug, as if my longing pleases him. "I had a couple things to do."

"Mhm. What time is it?"

He doesn't reply, instead he pushes the phone lying in front of him towards me. It's different to the one from yesterday.

"You got a new phone?" I ask.

"Nope. It's yours."
What? I shake my head.

"No. This isn't mine." I say, picking up the device.

"It is now." He simply says. I look up to him, confused.