Twelve

ALESSIA AMATO

"That really ruined our day, didn't it?" I mutter, sitting on the comfortable couch while Liam is making us some tea

I'm so tense that even the memories of what we've done on this couch aren't welcome in my mind. It's swarmed with scary thoughts of what could've happened. What could've happened to me. What could've happened to Liam.

There are so many incidents of people getting kidnapped, killed or sold off. And many other of people getting heavily injured or killed in a fight. God, the overthinking is giving me another headache.

Who knows where I'd be right now if Liam didn't stop that guy. In another town? Country? Would I still have all of my organs intact? Would I even be alive?

The tall man sets down two steaming cups on the table and sits down beside me. I immediately snuggle up into him, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Thank you so much for saving me. You really have no idea how grateful I am..."

"I'm grateful that you're safe." He replies, pulling me onto his lap and placing a kiss on my temple.

"I'm grateful that you're safe. Who knows what could've happened!" I press my palm to my forehead.

Jesus, I'm acting like my mother. Liam grabs my wrist gently and pulls my hand away from my face.

"We're safe now and there's nothing to worry about, yeah?" The brave man reassures me, staring into my eyes.

"No! That man is still out there. Who knows what he'll do." I start panicking all over again.

"I've been at the police station."

"What? Why haven't you told me?" I sit up.

"That was the least of my worries. Thinking about it, how do you feel? Do you want to go to the hospital?"

"I'm feeling okay. I think." Liam's worried gaze travels over my body. "Don't change the subject! What did you tell them?"

"What happened." He simply says.

"They didn't want to speak with me?" I pout.
Am I not important?

"I told them that you didn't even see him and that you need rest. They'll check the cameras and let us know if they find anything."

He would totally say that. I can imagine him shouting don't you dare interrupt her well needed sleep! The thought makes me giggle and I peck his nose. He looks at me questioningly but doesn't complain.

"You're so brave and strong." I say, smiling.

"Yeah?" The caring man says, his large hand moving up and down my bare leg.

"Mhm. My hero." I start playing with his hair with one of the hands I have wrapped around his neck.

His icy, blue eyes are holding me captive in a dark gaze. God, he smells so good. Does he think I smell good? Wait... Fricking hell. My muscles immediately tense. I need a shower.