Three

LIAM SMITH

My love looks absolutely beautiful today

My love looks absolutely beautiful today. The white, silk dress reaches past her knees and shows off her slender neck which would look mouthwatering with my hand wrapped around it.

The front pieces of her hair are pulled back, giving way to her sharp features and high cheekbones. Not only do these things compliment her beauty but also make it easy for her to escape.

Of course I knew my darling Alessia would run. She is a warrior. I chose a dress that wouldn't be too heavy and I wanted her hair pulled back, not to get in her way.

Sitting on a bench, I chuckle at the photos of my one and only hiding behind cars, which one of my men e-mailed to me. Lifting my gaze from my phone, I look around. The nearest dog park. Sitting on one of the two free, wooden benches.

My love prefers to spend her time at places like this when she feels down. Hopeful that the animals and nature will lift her mood. She is bound to join me. Forever...

It's not long till a taxi pulls up at the sidewalk and out she steps with her long, tanned legs. My eyes devour her slim body. Her beauty makes my chest hurt. She carries herself with confidence but also naivety. Without a care in the world about her surroundings or the dangers lurking behind. That is why our paths met. I am the one responsible for her safety. We are destined for each other.

My Alessia enters the park and takes a look around. Her chocolate eyes lighting up when they jump from one dog to another. One of the smaller ones runs up to her and she leans down to pat it. I swear if one of them harms her, I will bury it alive along with the owner.

The woman lifts her head and searches for a place to sit. Our gazes meet for a second and my breath hitches. There were a few times when her eyes skimmed her surroundings and for a brief second she noticed me but she never truly looked at me. I am able to forgive her this when we are finally together.

My Alessia chooses the bench beside me and heads my way. My heartbeat speeds up. Her hips sway softly with each step she takes. I feel adrenaline pumping through my veins. If I don't calm down, I might just throw her over my shoulder and take her away.

Once she's finally near enough and about to take a seat on the bench, I speak to her for the very first time.

"I wouldn't if I were you."

Her head snaps my way and she looks at me. Truly looks at me. I refrain from tensing all my muscles.

"And why is that?" My Alessia tilts her head.

I lose myself for a moment when our eyes are locked, however I'm reminded I have to reply by the slight furrow of her dark brows.

"If you look closely you can see that the paint has not yet dried."

The stunning woman looks at the bench and realises my statement is true. She glances at the bench I am sitting on and furrows her brows. Then looks around at all the other benches being occupied by couples and families.

"Only this one?" She asks.
I shrug, trying to mask my amusement.

Her small sigh is the only sign I need to know that she has decided on joining me. She plops her body on the other side of the bench and I turn to look the other way when I can't suppress my smirk.

"Which one's yours?" My Alessia doesn't surprise me with her curiosity.

"I don't have a dog."

"Then what are you doing in a dog park?" She asks looking baffled.

"What are you doing in a dog park without a dog?" I can't hold in my chuckle when I reply.
Her gaze drops to my mouth.

"How do you know I haven't got one?" My love squints her eyes.

"You walked in without one." I point out.

"Hmm," Alessia looks away, her attention focused towards the animals.

I can't look away from her. Her chest moves softly with each breath making me want to press my palm against her and feel her heartbeat. She sucks in her bottom lip and plays with it causing me to feel jealous that she gets to do the things I've always wanted to do, whenever she wants.

Her quiet giggle brings me back from my thoughts and I turn to look at what brought that reaction from her. I see a woman knocked down by her huge dog.

"Do you often spend your time at dog parks?" I ask, praying that she might deem me at least a bit worthy of her attention.

"Only when I'm feeling down." She puts a hand between us and leans on it.

Her body is gravitating towards me. I take this as a good sign.

"And why are you feeling down today?" I ask, placing my arm over the back of the bench, angling my body towards her. My hand only inches away from her body.

"Oh, you wouldn't want to know. It's a long story." She laughs, gracing my ears with that hypnotic sound.

"If it means I get to spend more time with you, then yes; I want to know." I try my luck.

Her eyes snap to mine and her full, pink lips part. After a while of me holding my breath she smiles playfully.

"Invite me to dinner then."

——————————————————————————

*author's note*

Liam (Irish) — Strong-willed warrior and protector
Smith (Old English) - 'Smid', which means to hit or to strike