Two

ALESSIA AMATO

That week couldn't have passed faster than it had

That week couldn't have passed faster than it had. My overly considerate, future husband has not let me have a say in anything. My gown, the venue, decorations, guests and even my bridesmaids have been chosen for me.

This is some sick joke. I'll spit in his face when I see him. That is the only thing I'm looking forward to. And the cake.

I stand in front of the full body mirror, in a spare room at the venue. The long dress does hug my delicate curves, I'll give him that. My brown hair is let down in loose curls and my makeup is light.

I turn towards my mother and stare into those cold, icy blue eyes. She's dressed in a plain, royal blue dress. Her hair obviously in a tight bun.

"Is Francesco ready to deliver the package?"

"What package?" Her eyes widen, thinking she had forgotten about something important.

"Me. You sold me. Now you have to deliver me to my dear future husband." I explain causing her to sigh.

I joke but on the inside I feel awful. How could my parents do this? Are they this willing to get rid of me? To the point where they are happily giving me away to a man that I don't even know? Have I been an awful child? These questions have been swarming my mind since I found out about this fiasco. I truly wasn't expecting this from my parents.

"Stop being so dramatic."

Damn. Her life deserves to be documented if I'm being dramatic in this situation.

"Alright, it's almost time. We'll be waiting for you outside." She says and leaves me alone.

I look at myself in the mirror once again. I told my friend Mia about this and she said she'll call the police if I want her to, but it's no use. Money can buy anything in this gold digger of a world. Anything can have a price. Even a human.

I'm about to get married to a man I don't know. I'll be bound to him for the rest of my life. My parents have discarded me without a second thought. What the actual fuck? My chest starts to rise up and down quicker, accompanying my heartbeat.

What if he's aggressive? Or a psychopath like my parents? What if he'll want me to change my lifestyle?

I put a hand over my chest. Goodness me, am I having a heart attack?

I have to leave. Like right now. And I'm not talking about walking out that door and being married off to a man I don't know. I mean climbing out that window right there and running for my dear life.

I make my way to the window and peer outside. Great. The coast is clear. I open it and climb onto the windowsill. This is nothing compared to the things my drunk self has done in higher heels than these. Although these are cute.

Dangling both of my legs over, I close my eyes and jump. I land without a thud.
God, that was scary.

"Miss, your legs were almost touching the grass while sitting on the windowsill." Someone's child points out.

I look towards the window which only now seems to be so low to the ground.

"If you don't go back to your parents, I will kidnap you and sell you to the highest bidder." I reply causing the boy and his friends to scurry off.
Who even are these kids?

Wow. My threats seem to be taken from my own personal experiences.

I look around. I am lucky that I chose a window facing the back of the venue. Although I am also not lucky because there is no back exit from this place. I make my way to the side of the small building.

I am prepared to kill someone with my heel if they try to stop me.

Nearing the car park, I see my parents silver car but nobody that I know is in sight. Some guests arrive in a taxi and my heartbeat speeds up. This is my chance.

Leaning down and hiding behind cars, I make my way to my only hope. Grabbing the handle to the back door, I scream as the car suddenly moves. Shit. I start running beside the car and knock onto the window.

"Stop, you fucking idiot!" I hiss, trying not to bring the guests attention to myself.

The car stops and I scramble inside.